What cases for the phone

mark5019

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you all use?
For my s4 i use the outerbox defender.im happy with its protection,but will the case block wireless charger?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't think so. My husband has a big case similar to the Defender on his Maxx, it even has a kick stand on the back, and it still works with wireless charging.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I am using the Verizon case/holster (the case has a fold-out kickstand). I got one of the Incipio cases that was the ShopAndroid "deal of the day" but need a holster to fit it (I don't carry phones in my pocket).

I also use the Skinomi screen protector.

I haven't gone for a wireless charger yet.

Posted from my XT1080M

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried a few - Otterbox Commuter, Incipio DualPro, Griffin Reveal, the official bumper case.

The phone is already on the heavy side, and, as much as I like the idea of protecting the ports with the Otterbox, it makes the phone too heavy. The Incipio is better, but still too heavy. The Griffin Reveal is ok, but I keep using the bumper case. (I may go back to the Griffin for a while just because the only drawback of the bumper is that the power and volume buttons are harder to press.)

I don't use wireless charging. It just doesn't add value over wired charging for me. Maybe I'll change my mind if my USB port fails after the warranty expires...

User28289

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Never been a fan of cases, even though it's probably a good idea to have one. I am very protective and cautious so I never really felt like I needed to buy a case. Plus I can't stand how bulky some can be.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Do you all use?
For my s4 i use the outerbox defender.im happy with its protection,but will the case block wireless charger?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I have the Defender on my Maxx, and wireless charging works great with the Ghost 100 charger. But the Defender plus the holster is just too bulky for me. So, I got a Incipio DualPro case, and ordered this horizontal case from Amazon. It is made for a Maxx with the Defender/Commuter/DualPro type cases.
Amazon.com: @Bny-Wireless Black Leather Holster Pouch For Motorola Droid Maxx / Ultra Xt1080 With Otter Box Defender/ Commuter Case: Cell Phones & Accessories

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
+1 for Diztronic. Very good quality, classy, good protection for how minimal it is. Sometimes I think I'd like some color, though.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i ordered the Incipio Feather case. thin case, smooth grip, and great price. my only issue with the case is sometimes it's hard to feel the power button. Not an huge issue with this phone because every time i pick it up ... active notifications wakes up the phone for me.

Amazon.com: Incipio MT-294 feather for the Motorola DROID Maxx - Black - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

The problem with the Feather is that it doesn't protect a thing except the back Kevlar. In all honesty that's the least fragile part of the phone so I personally see no reason to even use a case at this point unless it provides better grip.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Speck Candyshell Grip case for Droid Maxx. That's my vote for best all around. Verizon shell and holster is second place. Didn't like the bumper case or the Incipio case.

Jason Mau

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
+1 on the speck.... Provides decent protection, and by far the best grip, with minimum added thickness...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

gamefreak715

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I went caseless for 2 months but decided to try the incipio case that was for sale on here last week. It fits really well and I'm confident it offers great protection. I'm still debating on whether or not it is needed, however. I did drop the phone and scuffed an edge so it hides that tiny scuff, if nothing else.

Posted via Android Central App

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for the Speck candyshell case. Good protection and excellent grip and not a huge amount of bulk. I like the official bumper case also, but the Kevlar back is a little slippery for me.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The problem with the Feather is that it doesn't protect a thing except the back Kevlar. In all honesty that's the least fragile part of the phone so I personally see no reason to even use a case at this point unless it provides better grip.

I had tried the Incipio Feather, and it did not provide enough coverage for me. I use the Incipio dual pro and I like it quite a lot, though nothing beats not having a case. Love the feel of a case-less phone.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the holster that pappy53 linked to from Amazon (Amazon.com: @Bny-Wireless Black Leather Holster Pouch For Motorola Droid Maxx / Ultra Xt1080 With Otter Box Defender/ Commuter Case: Cell Phones & Accessories) and it arrived earlier this week.

Plenty of room with the Incipio Dual Pro on the Maxx (in fact, it is loose inside this holster). Magnetic closure, so no Velcro noise in meetings or other quiet places; the flap is a "full" flap so security is not an issue. Has a non-swivel belt clip and belt loops. Using the loops makes the case very secure on the belt. The Amazon listing calls the holster "black" but the photos look brown. In person, it's a very dark brown under some lighting, black under other lighting.

The Incipio has better corner and end coverage than the Verizon OEM case/holster (VZW Shell/Holster Combo for MAXX - Verizon Wireless). It also has a slightly higher face bumper than the Verizon case. The Incipio covers the power and volume buttons, but I have not trouble using them - it actually feels easier than the exposed phone buttons in the Verizon case.

The only feature I miss is the kickstand on the Verizon case, but it is not a major issue. I'd be interested if Trident came out with a case with a Kickstand (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon