Dropped signal?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had their phone drop signal at random times? Doesn't seem to be many who have but I have had 30 drops in 30 days according to Verizon. I've had the phone and SIM replaced and two trouble tickets came and went. I posted this on the Verizon board here on AC (in more detail) but I'm curious about everyone else. This started after the latest update and a Google search found one person from two weeks ago (both him and wife though) with same issues. However, this was on a RAZR Maxx HD so its a different device from the Droid Maxx that i am dealing with. I dropped 5 calls yesterday alone all while on the phone with Verizon and they told me to "deal with it" and "its not a big deal". For the record my dad who I live with has Verizon and doesn't drop any calls.

I've attached the no signal I keep getting. The odd thing is this only happens at home yet it doesn't happen to my dad. It also just started with the latest update. And Verizon says its definitely a software issue (odd that its one tower only too) and there's nothing I can do but live with it. If that's the case and there's no fix than thank you Motorola for essentially bricking my phone. :(

egy7y7ej.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not happening for me.

I'm hoping it settles down. I spoke with Verizon Executive support office and they're working with me to see what our next step is. Which is great but I'm hoping it settles down since this is the phone I wanted.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So it has to be a tower issue or they really want me off unlimited data. Most likely the former but still frustrating.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I should come to your area with my maxx and see if it happens with my phone. If it does, we know its probably a phone issue.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I'd say it was happening to me too but I have a different phone and carrier :\

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm testing the device after a factory reset and didn't connect to a WiFi network. I've tried disabling it with no luck but trying it without ever enabling now. It may explain why the issue only happens at home. If this is the issue than it was definitely caused by the update and it better be fixed soon.

Will report back this weekend.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Keep us posted. As I said in another post, I am hoping the Kitkat update fixes my Bank of America app and it could fix any of your issues. If not, I may want to do a factory reset. I like being able to deposit checks through my phone, which is exactly where my problem lies. My boyfriend's Droid Maxx deposits fine in his BofA app.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Keep us posted. As I said in another post, I am hoping the Kitkat update fixes my Bank of America app and it could fix any of your issues. If not, I may want to do a factory reset. I like being able to deposit checks through my phone, which is exactly where my problem lies. My boyfriend's Droid Maxx deposits fine in his BofA app.

Chase application takes pictures but they always come out saying "not clear enough" no matter how hard I try. So I'm with you there.

I'll let you know though. If it is the WiFi then it best be fixed but I have my doubts. My old Droid RAZR HD had WiFi issues from the gate and to this day still exist. :(

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you tried this yet, but have you maybe cleared the Sim contacts out of any debris or dust and reseating the Sim card back in? It could be an interference with the signal.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you tried this yet, but have you maybe cleared the Sim contacts out of any debris or dust and reseating the Sim card back in? It could be an interference with the signal.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Yes, even new phones with new SIM.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
This really stinks. I do hope they get it fixed for you soon. Keep calling and complaining. I had nothing but signal issues with my S3 and S4 so I finally gave up on samsung and went back to motorola since they have much better radios. I haven't dropped a call since.

Also, I know it's annoying, but keep trying with customer service and keep having them escalate you. Eventually you'll get someone who legitimately wants to help you, even if it takes you calling corporate (which is what I ended up doing with the S4).

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying 5 GHz WiFi today and I had another dropped call so both bands fail. Back to WiFi off and everything is still good.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Spoke with Tier 2 Moto Tech and they said to send my phone in. They will look at it but 99% sure nothing will come of it. So I called Verizon and spoke with a manager and they said an Alternate Replacement isn't possible unless Motorola takes responsibility and acknowledges this as a legitimate problem. Motorola won't do this as they're blaming my multiple routers and Verizon instead of themselves. They still don't acknowledge any knowing about Bluetooth static which has been talked about and complained about here and to them.

Verizon says my options are as follows if I want a different device and to keep Unlimited Data.

1. Full retail.
2. Payment Plan which is ALSO fill retail.

Thank you Motorola for breaking my phone with an update. You're the best!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
nooo! its a sad day :-(

The whole month I've dealt with was sad too. :(

The DROID was my phone of choice but with Motorola support being of no help I was done. At least Bluetooth is static free now.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The whole month I've dealt with was sad too. :(

The DROID was my phone of choice but with Motorola support being of no help I was done. At least Bluetooth is static free now.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Going to flash any AOSP ROMs?

Posted via Android Central App