Music apps through blue tooth in your car?

Jdalton1111

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering... Is it possible to play music from tune in radio, I heart radio, or other music apps through your cars blue tooth?

Posted via Android Central App

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your car. On my 2009 Toyota Prius, bluetooth would only work with phone and I had to use a cable to the phone's headphone jack for audio input to the car's audio system. On my new 2013 Prius the car audio system will connect to my phone's bluetooth just fine.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As said above it depends on the car. My 2012 Acura TSX supports anything I've tried including Google Play Music.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Kenwood BT deck in my car and, in addition to BT audio (where I can play any app that I want) it has separate source sets for Pandora, I Heart Radio, and Aha Radio. Whatever that is...

Jdalton1111

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2011 Chevy Traverse LTZ. Sounds like I should be able to use it. My phone for talking is paired to it. Do I need to pair it again while using the app?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2011 Chevy Traverse LTZ. Sounds like I should be able to use it. My phone for talking is paired to it. Do I need to pair it again while using the app?

No, make sure you switch your car to Bluetooth mode though. Bluetooth calls don't actually need to be in a Bluetooth mode. On my Acura its on the AUX/BT button.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth audio connections don't really give a fat rat about where they come from, they're just listing for the phone's output. A recent Camry rental would play music, and, then when the phone rang, switched over to the phone mode automatically as per the phone's operation/output.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Nav? My 2011 e90 streams BT audio just fine. I use Google Play and TuneIn all the time.

Yep, has nav, but I have the crappy audio, not the Harmon Kardon. I think they changed something mid year that supported Bluetooth streaming and my car missed it.

No worries... I can still plug it in via the headphone jack, and my lease is almost up so there's a 435 on the way...

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've put Alpine headunits in my and my wife's Saturn S-Series, and they do great with anything you want to stream via bluetooth, as well as phone. Excellent for a headunit that's not much more than $100 on Amazon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800