It begins...

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I got the update today!
Google Wallet tap to pay, still no go..

I have not actually tested the Google Wallet tap to pay but the setup process asked me if I want to enable tap and pay, which I did. Now, Google Wallet shows under Settings->Tap & Pay as the default app for NFC tap and pay. I think it should work. I'll test it later tonight

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Already having an issue when hitting the home button. It seems to be double tapping when I hit it. On action launcher, it will take me home then open the so drawer. On Nova, it will go home then zoom out to show all the home pages....

Posted via Android Central App

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Already having an issue when hitting the home button. It seems to be double tapping when I hit it. On action launcher, it will take me home then open the so drawer. On Nova, it will go home then zoom out to show all the home pages....

I am getting the same thing with Nova. I wrote the developer. Hopefully there is a fix cause it is aggravating. But if I don't use Nova I don't get the pretty translucent app drawer. And if I don't use Nova I am stuck with the Google search bar on my screens.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm not experiencing exactly the same but similar nuisance. If I open an app not from the default screen then, before the update, hitting the home button would close the app leaving me on the same screen from which the app was opened; now, hitting the home button closes the app and navigates to the default home screen.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
On Nova you can change what the home screen button does so it doesn't double tap it.

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the same thing with Nova. I wrote the developer. Hopefully there is a fix cause it is aggravating. But if I don't use Nova I don't get the pretty translucent app drawer. And if I don't use Nova I am stuck with the Google search bar on my screens.

I don't think it's a problem with the launcher. Even on the default home screen, instead of just going back to what page you were on. It goes to the default when instead.

SUPER ANNOYING!!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Here are the Nova settings to fix that double tap action.

THANK YOU KEVIN at Nova for your quick response!!

Nova Settings > Gestures and Buttons > Home Button > None

- - - Updated - - -

Still sunny here in California :(

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
:(
Serious?

INGrep

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
When updating to 4.4 was everything erased from your phone like a factory reset? I don't remember if that was the case with the last update. And it shocks me that all the blue was not removed in 4.4. Bothers me, actually. I expected it to look just like 4.4 on the nexus products.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
When updating to 4.4 was everything erased from your phone like a factory reset? I don't remember if that was the case with the last update. And it shocks me that all the blue was not removed in 4.4. Bothers me, actually. I expected it to look just like 4.4 on the nexus products.

Nothing gets erased - all your apps, media, and settings remain intact.

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I had to cut off home preview because of this.. hopefully a new update is coming soon

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I hope you guys who are having problems are reporting it on the Moto forum if you're part of the soak test.
The problem with pressing the Home button doing funky stuff is a bug the Droids are having with Kit Kat. You shouldn't contact the Nova developer about it because it needs to be addressed by Moto.
Tap to pay works but you have to enable NFC first. I did my first tapping to paying to buy some gas. Woohoo!

phissure

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I hope you guys who are having problems are reporting it on the Moto forum if you're part of the soak test.
The problem with pressing the Home button doing funky stuff is a bug the Droids are having with Kit Kat. You shouldn't contact the Nova developer about it because it needs to be addressed by Moto.
Tap to pay works but you have to enable NFC first. I did my first tapping to paying to buy some gas. Woohoo!

Not everybody in the soak got access to the forum because of the # of people in the soak. or so I hear...

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I got the update today!
Well the Bluetooth is now working properly again, I am quite pleased about that. Google Wallet tap to pay, still no go... Was an advertised feature of kitkat.
Other then that I have on seen a couple of minor changes but I have only had it for a few hours.

Funny, my experience is exactly the opposite.

My BT remains broken. The difference is now it knows it is not connected, which is an improvement. I was streaming music on my commute today which reminded me how well my BT worked with the initial OS.

I installed wallet and it looks like tap to pay should work. It pulled my old receipts and card data in. I will confirm in the morning when I make my normal coffee run.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Not everybody in the soak got access to the forum because of the # of people in the soak. or so I hear...

The soak will probably be going on for another day or two. Anyone who is having any issues with the update the next couple of days, feel free to PM me what the problem is if you don't have access to the forum and I'll report it there for you. Moto needs to know about the bugs so they can fix them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463