Griffin reveal case

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about exchanging for the speck candy grip case. Although I like that the back of this case is clear and shows off the cool kevlar back

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I ended up exchanging for the speck case. I like the reveal but it slides off my lap still. So I got the speck for added grip. Now I can't get it out of my pocket lol.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I ended up exchanging for the speck case. I like the reveal but it slides off my lap still. So I got the speck for added grip. Now I can't get it out of my pocket lol.

Yea, the Candy Shell Grip is very grippy! But its great in the hand - you won't be likely to drop it!

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's the point. To be honest the jeans I'm wearing are a bit tight in the pocket area (not skinny jeans just straight cut). I don't think I'll have an issue in my khakis or loose fit jeans.

graphitedv

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
No it does not scratch the phone. The only reason I mentioned the clear part being a scratch magnet was that it really collects scratches! Mine is in a holster most of the time and it had turned completely opaque. I since have gone with no case... feels better and looks better.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have this case, too, and it's fine, but I noticed the problems with the plastic back scratching as well. The strange thing is that the back of the Maxx is very scratch resistant anyway. I have gone back to the bumper case. The only thing about the bumper is that it makes the buttons a little harder to press compared with no case and with a case like the Griffin Reveal. Still, this phone is heavy enough - putting a case even as light as this one makes it feel like you're carrying an anchor in your pocket.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been switching between this case and the candyshell grip case. I've switched at least a dozen times. The candyshell case provides more protection but is too grippy so I've gone back to the Griffin. It's an awesome case.