Android KitKat 4.4 breaks the Entitlement Check hack

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The upcoming 4.4 KitKat update breaks the "Entitlement Check" hack - I just upgraded and now my tethering does not work

(This is for grandfathered unlimited plans only - Share Everything plans have tethering included with the plan)

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information - even though it's not what I wanted to hear.

I'm pretty sure the Moto X owners reported that the entitlement hack was preserved when their phones were upgraded to Kit Kat - I just assumed the same would be true for the Droid phones.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
foxfi no longer works either. is this just something foxfi needs to do/update or is it really blocked by the 4.4 software?

SKIBOARDER119

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the information, I guess I'll be sticking with 4.2 for awhile yet.
I was under the impression that the entitlement hack is different on the Moto X (I think they refer to it differently too).

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I can say that if you want to spend the little bit of money, USB Tether through PDANet works without the entitlement check hack on 4.4.

I'd like to connect multiple devices, if I bought the PDA net and connected a USB cable, could I connect this to a router or hotspot to get the other devices connected wirelessly?

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Billy Sweeney

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, not that I know of. I am in the same boat though, with 2 tablets, 2 gaming systems, 3 computers and the Dish Hopper who all want a broadband connection... the usb just isn't doing what I need it to do, but at least it's keeping me online and up to date with the forums.. :)

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, not that I know of. I am in the same boat though, with 2 tablets, 2 gaming systems, 3 computers and the Dish Hopper who all want a broadband connection... the usb just isn't doing what I need it to do, but at least it's keeping me online and up to date with the forums.. :)

Yeah man several members of the fam were counting on my hotspot. The moto radios do better out in the country where we are.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Billy Sweeney

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah man several members of the fam were counting on my hotspot. The moto radios do better out in the country where we are.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Yea, I can understand that. I actually live out in the country also. My only access to broadband internet is through Verizon or Satellite internet. No cable, or FIOS, or anything like that... I was ecstatic when LTE came out here.

Billy Sweeney

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
1. Does the MotoRoot software still work with 4.4? I have it installed already.

Thanks!

I am pretty sure there are currently no root methods for the Ultra/Maxx once you are on KitKat. I have been watching all of the forums and they are all saying the same thing. JCase is working on it, but not to expect anything around the holidays..

Fuji25

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Post 4.4 OTA ----> Droid Maxx Entitlement Hack is BACK!!

First of all Kudos go to Topsnake.. I just stumbled across his post and am giving you a redirect ...

Go Here :

[MOD][ROOT]Native Tether for Kit Kat 19.5.3 - xda-developers

And follow his instructions carefully.

I am rooted and on 4.4 KitKat with droid Maxx. Original entitlement hack was working great with 4.2. Along came 4.4 so I rooted via xda-developers - View Single Post - [4.4 ROOT] SlapMyMoto 1.0 (Requires you to be on 4.2.2)
Upgraded to 4.4, regained root, and tried the entitlement hack and totally crapped my pants when I tried to do entitlement hack and found it was broke. So I browsed site after site.. just KNOWING someone had found SOMETHING .. I gotta have my WIFI hotspot!!! And Lo and behold, I found this little gem. All is well once again in Droid Land. :cool:

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, you need to be rooted for this. To be rooted on Kit Kat you need to do it while still on 4.2.2. If you update to stock Kit Kat, you currently cannot get root and cannot use this hack.

Post 4.4 OTA ----> Droid Maxx Entitlement Hack is BACK!!

First of all Kudos go to Topsnake.. I just stumbled across his post and am giving you a redirect ...

Go Here :

[MOD][ROOT]Native Tether for Kit Kat 19.5.3 - xda-developers

And follow his instructions carefully.

I am rooted and on 4.4 KitKat with droid Maxx. Original entitlement hack was working great with 4.2. Along came 4.4 so I rooted via xda-developers - View Single Post - [4.4 ROOT] SlapMyMoto 1.0 (Requires you to be on 4.2.2)
Upgraded to 4.4, regained root, and tried the entitlement hack and totally crapped my pants when I tried to do entitlement hack and found it was broke. So I browsed site after site.. just KNOWING someone had found SOMETHING .. I gotta have my WIFI hotspot!!! And Lo and behold, I found this little gem. All is well once again in Droid Land. :cool:

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This worked for me KitKat on rooted Maxx

SQ Editor and search for app "Settings Storage".

settings storage / settings.db / secure / entitlement check

select edit from top
and change value from 1 to 0
and save

Use the Tethering & Mobile Hotspot App that came with the Maxx.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci