Update still rolling or pulled?

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Did they pull the update? I am reading some people having problems while others don't have any issues. I keep checking and get nothing.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Did they pull the update? I am reading some people having problems while others don't have any issues. I keep checking and get nothing.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

I have not seen official word either way, but based on the traffic at Motorola, I cannot immagine the update still going out. I am not sure how big a problem they have, but it seems large enough and serious enough to pause until they can determine the cause.

rudyvanderupwich

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
According to Punit Soni @ Motorola Mobility. Update is ongoing..

+Punit Soni is the kit kat update to droids still pushing out? I haven't recieved it yet.
Punit Soni1:58 PM Reply Still.underway
Reply +Punit Soni thank you for the reply, i know some have had problems with the update so didnt know if the update was pulled. I will wait patiently. Thank you for all you and +Motorola Mobility have done!

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
According to Punit Soni @ Motorola Mobility. Update is ongoing..

+Punit Soni is the kit kat update to droids still pushing out? I haven't recieved it yet.
Punit Soni1:58 PM Reply Still.underway
Reply +Punit Soni thank you for the reply, i know some have had problems with the update so didnt know if the update was pulled. I will wait patiently. Thank you for all you and +Motorola Mobility have done!

That was me, I asked him earlier today

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I think the "massive problem" has to do with the recovery included in the KitKat package.

I downloaded the OTA from a thread on XDA. After following Jcase's instructions for SlapMyMoto to maintain root after the upgrade, I copied the OTA zip file to my SD card and rebooted to recovery. After running "install update from SD card," the phone rebooted to recovery.

As most probably know, the recovery screen just shows Android triage (the green android on its side, with an access door open and the red triangle with an exclamation point). You have to hit power and volume+ at the same time to get the recovery menu, including "install update from SD card.

After installing the update.zip a second time, the phone booted to KitKat. I followed the remaining steps for SlapMyMoto and am now running 4.4 with root.

I'm sure lots of people took the OTA, then saw the triage screen and thought their phones were bricked. I think just entering recovery and installing the update a second time would solve those problems.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit though it's amusing to read some of those posts ... people don't read the pop-ups and what they are blindly clicking on to "install" ... Its endemic to android more than iOS due to the verbose permission popups android provides - which is good IMHO - but I think it desensitizes casual users.

Perhaps instead of a push, users should have to check for updates that way folks whom don't care just sit on their current os version until something prompts them to care to update (slowness, incompatible apps etc).

Posted via Android Central App

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this long and so many of us don't have it, after how many problems? Yeah I think it's been pulled.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I was afraid of this, but could the communication be this bad? Until I here it stopped rolling out I'm going to keep checking for update.

Posted via Android Central App

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I asked Punit Sonit on saturday and he said it was ongoing. I haven't heard anything different.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
some thoughts

I'm guessing not as many people have Motorolas as Samsungs or IPhones so why don't more people have the update.
Changes at Verizon usually happen on Tuesdays so lets see what happens tomorrow
If you're reporting whether you have it or not please state your geographical location

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you're reporting whether you have it or not please state your geographical location

Updates have NOTHING to do with geographical location. I believe that they are rolled out based on your MEID. (I have read before that they use the last number of the MEID and distribute all of the ones that end in one or two numbers first, then start adding more numbers, but I bet that was also wrong.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol