Left handed use

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have trouble with using the phone left handed? I'm trying to get used to the buttons being on the right while using with my left hand. Any tips?

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm a southpaw, but learned ages ago to be ambidextrous. However when holding the max in my left hand, I simply use my middle finger to turn the device on and off.

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've never been dominant with either hand (or I'm dominant with both?), but phones for some reason always rest in my right hand while other things I do better with the left. Which is weird, because I ALWAYS keep my phone in my left pocket.... in fact, I always put it up to my left ear when I talk on it... oh god what's wrong with me!?!?!?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm right handed for everything. Its really difficult using my left hand for my phone. But I think over time I'll get better and it will pay off

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My Droid 4 had the back button on the right and the menu button on the left. On the Maxx it is reversed. As a right handed person I prefer the Droid 4 layout. However I will adapt. The volume rocker is on the same side though, and the power key on the Maxx is above them, as opposed to the top of the Droid 4.

Jdalton1111

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm ambidextrous and have had no problems with either hand. I will say that texting is faster left handed. I keep my pinky finger under phone to brace it while holding in one hand.

Posted via Android Central App

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have trouble with using the phone left handed? I'm trying to get used to the buttons being on the right while using with my left hand. Any tips?

I'm a leftie too. I don't have too much trouble, although I admit that I have only had my phone about 1 week and haven't used it much yet except to set it up. I have small hands & hold it in my left hand with my thumb on the left side of the case. Then I can use my index finger for the power button, and my middle (aka nasty) finger for volume up. I can use the same finger for volume down although my ring finger is in a better location. Thanks for the question, I hadn't really thought about it & was kind of struggling. After seeing your question I put the phone in my hand & now I know exactly how to hold it and find the right button every time. I was never sure which button my finger was on before.

MightyPup

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Also southpaw. What I do is use my middle finger to turn on and off the screen and for volume control. The tip of my index finger is covering the camera for support of the phone and my thumb is on the screen controlling everything else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol