Anyone else having this same issue? I turned my phone off overnight to let it charge, and the next morning it wouldn't turn back on. I do not know what the problem is, I tried many different chargers and ports to charge the phone, yet still it was not responding. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Another question is how to remove the battery from the Droid Maxx. I googled it but all that comes up is the Droid RAZR MAXX.
    12-29-2013 05:23 PM
    There is no way to remove the battery that doesn't void the warranty. I.e., it is sealed in the phone and you'd have to take the phone apart.

Are you using the charger supplied with the phone? If not, try that one. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest taking it to a Verizon store or calling Moto. If it needs repair, it should be a warranty covered repair.
    MightyPup likes this.
    12-29-2013 05:41 PM
    Is there an SD card in the Maxx? Or is it all internal, asking because if it does need repair I want to make sure my memory is safe. I'm not using the same cable or port.. Would there be a different voltage output on differing micro USB cables? Thanks for the help, I'm going to head to Verizon store sometime soon and see what they tell me. Appreciate the suggestions.
    12-29-2013 06:43 PM
    Memory is all internal and no way to take the battery out of the maxx without voiding the warranty. It is sealed in there.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-29-2013 08:25 PM
    Would there be a different voltage output on differing micro USB cables?
    Cables, no. Chargers... sort of.

The USB standard is 5 volts, one half amp. Most smartphones need more amperage to change efficiently, so they'll charge very slowly, if at all, when connected to a standard USB port.

I think the Maxx can charge at up to 1.2 amps. Some older Motorola chargers were 750 mA, or three quarters of an amp.

To stay ahead of the power draw, I think you need at least a full amp of charging power. Most USB wall warts are listed at 2.1 amps; the extra juice won't charge your Maxx any faster than a 1.2 amp charger, but it won't cook your phone, either.
    12-30-2013 01:35 AM
    i found with the droid maxx that sometimes you have to push down real hard on the power button for like 5 seconds.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    12-30-2013 08:57 AM
    i'm having the same problem when I plug my charger in my phone, it shuts off
    12-30-2013 12:54 PM
    Had a similar problem with my first maxx. After charging all night, unplugged phone and used it for 30 min. Picked it up, pressed power button and nothing. Plugged power cord to phone and moto icon would appear and disappear repeatedly. Plugged in moto factory cable from PC to phone and it booted up. Got a message saying phone would shut down in 10 sec. due to over heating. Either a bad battery causing problems or faulty circuitry.
    Got a new phone overnighted.

01-01-2014 11:40 AM
    You can also force a boot by holding down the power button and volume down button and select restart

Posted via Android Central App
    01-02-2014 01:10 AM