no external storage warning kitkat 4.4

antvivid

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
My phone has been absolutely perfect since I got it about a month ago and flawless after kitkat was installed!
I've only ran into one problem, when I snap photos or download them and go to my gallery to view a "warning no external memory" pops up and doesn't let me access the gallery. The only thing I can do to get back into my gallery is restart my phone, any suggestions on how to fix this issue???

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the X but I'm guessing you've either got a rogue app messing with access to your gallery or something deep in the OS got corrupted.

1) download and install Clean Master from the Play Store
2) go through your apps and uninstall 3rd party camera or gallery apps
3) run Clean Master, making sure you go into the advanced cleaning stage. You'll have to be careful here because you can delete important stuff, but what you want to do is make sure you delete any obselete/unused folders or .apk files.
4) reboot

Also go into your settings > apps > all > gallery. Clear Cache and clear defaults. Do the same for the camera.This may or may not clear things up. If it did, great -- you can uninstall Clean Master if you want to (or keep it if you like it). The next step is much more drastic.

Back up everything, and do a complete factory reset.

Hopefully there are some other options or ideas out there that someone will mention before you have to do a factory reset. Good luck

antvivid

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
So I cleared all defaults and also the data for both apps and send to have went away, gonna take a look at clean master right now

antvivid

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
That's a negative it still shows the warning, it will only allow me access if I clear the gallery data or do a hard reset! I wonder if I should exercise the warranty and see about a new device

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
That's a negative it still shows the warning, it will only allow me access if I clear the gallery data or do a hard reset! I wonder if I should exercise the warranty and see about a new device

Why not try resetting app preferences first. Settings, apps, tap the 3 dots, reset.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

antvivid

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
No the droid maxx is 32g onboard only so no SD slot. As of now I've done everything including 2 factory resets, even had Motorola on the phone and they were shocked going as far as to telling me this is the first time the issue has been heard of from the update list of problems. In short Verizon is shipping me a new one this week and citing it as a software issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2