Wireless charging?

AustinAggie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for the Tylt Vu. I got mine in the cyber monday sale for $35, but I'd pay $70. I much prefer something with a closer to vertical orientation so I can use my phone as a clock / alarm on the nightstand or to view on my desk at work (though I don't need a charger at work anymore for my Maxx). The Vu has a nice clean design, is very solidly constructed, abnd has a large charging area, meaning it is pretty much impossible to throw it on the charger and not have it charge.

gordie580

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Does the tylt work with the otterbox defender??

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

I have a tylt and the otter box, and it works great. I love the combination. You can turn it sideways upside down or normal and it still charges the phone. it's not picky how it is placed on the charger.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Another +1 for the Tylt. The only issue I have is that I like to treat my phone as a bedside alarm clock at night. I had been using the "Daydream" feature to automatically turn on the clock in dim night mode while charging, but, unlike hard-wired chargers, the Tylt turns off when charging is complete, which is equivalent to disconnecting the charger, and the clock turns off.

Jdalton1111

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I've got a ghost 100. My first Maxx heated up real bad 3 times in 3 months while in daydream mode over night. Since I got a new Maxx I've had no problems heating up. I will say that you do have to center it up to the charger or it may drop charge a couple of times before constantly charging.

Posted via Android Central App

tyd450

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Nokia as well. It was the best I could find for a reasonable price. I was going to buy another for the office but the great thing about this phone is that I never even need to charge it while I'm at work! I just throw it on there when I go to bed and am not worried about how quickly it charges. I did check it periodically the first few charges and it never got noticeably hot or even very warm. It always charges on the first try too so you don't have to try very hard to line it up. The only annoying thing is the loud alert noise the phone makes when it starts to charge.

Posted via Android Central App

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought the tylt as part of the cyber Monday deal. It charges well, but it absolutely heats up the phone much more than a plugin charger.

The phone pretty quickly gets to 104deg F. I tried this with my girlfriends Maxx and got the same results. It also charges at 750mA instead of 1-1.2A as the wall charger does. This data is from battery monitor widget.

The phone only gets hotter than this when plugged into a car charger and using GPS with the screen on. That was 110F.

It certainly seems as though using exclusively wireless Charging will reduce the life of the battery.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging is a no issue for me. I have a round LG charger and a no name charger that I used with an iPhone in a Qi sleeve and both work perfect. The Maxx does not even seem to get warm but it's fully charged in the morning. As for placement the line for charging is right in the center of the volume rocker...not to much problem to just set it down somewhere close. It does seem to charge slow but it has all night. Can't compare how fast it is to charging with a usb cable because I have never charged it that way. Wireless charging is one reason I went form the X to the Maxx and it has not disappointed. I do have the bumper case on the Maxx and it holds it off the surface of both chargers that might be why it does not heat up. I was wondering when I got the bumper if it would keep it from charging since it didn't let the back of the phone contact the charger but it works fine. I'm glad my experience is different than some of you have had with the QI charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith