Wireless charging?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the Motorola Droid Maxx and I really like it. Does anyone have suggestions for a wireless charger?

Posted via Android Central App

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the Incipio Ghost 100. It's the closest thing to an "official" wireless charger for the Maxx, I suppose.

It works fine. Works with a case on the phone, doesn't get overly hot, etc. No issues.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I third the Tylt . Looks great, doesn't matter how you place the phone, silent running and stops when battery full so no need to take off in the middle of the night.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
One more vote for the Tylt Vu. :)

I equate having wireless charging for a smartphone to having power windows on a car - you really don't need the feature but once you get used to using it you don't want to go back to the old way.

Concerning the Vu, there's virtually no set-up required - you just plug it in and it works. The only change I'd make if I were running Tylt is I'd like the Vu to have an adjustable hinge point so the user could adjust the angle the device sits at while it's charging - I'd like my devices to sit a bit more upright.

user1484

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I have three Nokia DT-900 Qi Chargers that I picked up for $20 each. They are available on many web sites and the price ranges from $20-$50.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I use the Incipio Ghost 100. It's the closest thing to an "official" wireless charger for the Maxx, I suppose.

It works fine. Works with a case on the phone, doesn't get overly hot, etc. No issues.

Its what I use as well. Works great!

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Although some people have complained about the cost of the TYLT VU, I think it's a good investment in the long run (and I suspect the price will be dropping, too, as they recoup startup costs).

I've paid that much for a device-specific charging dock for previous phones, then had to replace them when I switched devices. The TYLT will work with any Qi-compatible device, so it should be useful for years.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well the Tylt Vu seems to have the most votes, but wow it is pricey

Posted via Android Central App on my Motorola Droid Maxx

LOTL2

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Does the tylt work with the otterbox defender??
Yes it does but its a little finicky in landscape. Not sure if the same thing happens with a bare phone, or its just because of the OtterBox. Still a great piece of hardware and I highly recommend it.

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I had the nokia chargers but they overheated my phone and was a pain to line up. I got a tylt for Christmas and love it. No issues at all! Lines up fine and really like the stand position. My mom bought it for me on amazon for around $90 (I know they are cheaper direct but she didnt know) and I still think its worth the money. I also have a griffin reveal case on mine and it works fine.