Droid Maxx Developer Edition
    Color: Black
    Model: MOTXT1080MDEV
    Availability: In Stock
    $649
    I want to by the above Droid but have some questions and would be grateful for some answers.
    1 Does it come with a Verizon Sim card. I see no place on the Moto site to order one.
    2 If it does come with a Verizon Sim card is it IsIs ready. I installed Isis on my Moto X and it said I needed a new secure card, Went to three Verizon stores and no luck.
    3 Any codes for a better price I am ready to order. Within days of receiving my Moto X Developer Edition the price was cut a large amount. I bought it 12-21-13.
    4 It does not list Verizon bloat ware. Does it have it.
    5 Any downside to unlocking the boot loader on the Developers Edition.

The Moto X is very nice so I think the Maxx will have all I want as the screen is a little bigger, the battery is longer lasting, it supports wireless charging.
    I did unlock the Boot loader on the X so I could root later without having to wipe my phone.
    The only down side to me is I cant find the variety of cases and other acc. that I can for the X and the cost. I don't mind the cost to much but would hate a repeat of what happened to me on the X.
    Thanks again
    01-05-2014 02:58 PM
    Why not regular version for 499?

Posted via Android Central App
    01-05-2014 10:45 PM
    Why not regular version for 499?

Posted via Android Central App
    When it comes to phones, computers and cameras it's not a need driven decision! It comes to a want. I want a developers version. But I thank you as I think you have answered each and every one of my questions.
    01-06-2014 01:55 PM
    As for the bloatware question, it has bloatware - it's a Verizon Droid Maxx that can be unlocked - that's the only difference from the one you can buy at Verizon. As far as I have read, all Droid Maxxes ship with a Verizon SIM; if it has a SIM, it is ISIS compatible.

Call Motorola and ask if you need to be 100% sure. 1-800-734-5870, Mon-Fri 7AM-10PM; Sat-Sun 9AM-6PM CST. Their phone support is better than guessing.
    scallawag and JFH8 like this.
    01-06-2014 03:45 PM
    As for the bloatware question, it has bloatware - it's a Verizon Droid Maxx that can be unlocked - that's the only difference from the one you can buy at Verizon. As far as I have read, all Droid Maxxes ship with a Verizon SIM; if it has a SIM, it is ISIS compatible.

Call Motorola and ask if you need to be 100% sure. 1-800-734-5870, Mon-Fri 7AM-10PM; Sat-Sun 9AM-6PM CST. Their phone support is better than guessing.
    Thank You! No I don't have to be certain on the Simm and if I did call Moto I still would not be 100 percent sure till i got it. I figured it had about the same bloat ware as the X which I have owned. The three things I really want are the batter battery, wireless charging and the larger screen. If by chance it does not have the card I need for IsIs I will find one. Funny the Simm card in my X was fine for Google wallet but would not work with IsIs. Google Wallet did not work till the KitKat update.
    Thanks again
    01-06-2014 04:44 PM
    It has a bit more verizon bloat than the X (I had an X and returned it for the bigger battery in the Maxx), but it can all be disabled. If you root, you can freeze or delete it.
    scallawag likes this.
    01-06-2014 05:34 PM