Which launcher?

Series335

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Stock kit kat 4.4 update what the ride more appealing aesthetic changes then it does to my droid Maxx. Accordingly looking to buy the purchased version of one of the Watchers. Go Launcher seems okay but also has a lot of clutter installed with it nova launcher seems nice though wondering if there are any suggestions by experience. Thanks in advance!

Sent from My MAXX

Sent from My MAXX

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Stock kit kat 4.4 update what the ride more appealing aesthetic changes then it does to my droid Maxx. Accordingly looking to buy the purchased version of one of the Watchers. Go Launcher seems okay but also has a lot of clutter installed with it nova launcher seems nice though wondering if there are any suggestions by experience. Thanks in advance!

Sent from My MAXX

Sent from My MAXX

I don't quite get what you meant in your first sentence but i'm assuming you updated to 4.4 and stuck with the old JB launcher. In my experience i enjoyed nova launcher MUCH more than Go launcher, in fact any launcher out there. If you want the same launcher as on the nexus 5, download GEL. If you want more customization, go with Nova. I would recommend to you Nova if your opposed to using the GEL.

LEMONGRAB

Banned
Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i use nova. Love the multi-touch commands. I recommend nova over anything.

This thread is in unacceptable condition; UNACCEPTABLE....
SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

Series335

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the fast response. Yeah, my post was a bit jumbled, from voice text in loud room. You all confirmed what I was thinking. Will purchase with confidence now. Appreciate it!

Sent from My MAXX

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying out the gel launcher and like it a lot. I also recommend buzz launcher, I've created some cool screens with that launcher.

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I used to use adw ex on my Bionic but found it a little laggy, however I kept it for the whole 2 yr period I had the phone because I liked the customization. I love the smoothness of this phone and would not want to give it up for anything. Is nova as smooth as the default launcher?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Pyro2677

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I would say yes it is as fast. I've been using Nova for awhile even on my rooted S3 and the transition to my Maxx was easy as. You can turn the animation speed down in Nova settings and mine is lightning quick now. You wont be disapointed.

I used to use adw ex on my Bionic but found it a little laggy, however I kept it for the whole 2 yr period I had the phone because I liked the customization. I love the smoothness of this phone and would not want to give it up for anything. Is nova as smooth as the default launcher?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I've never used a different launcher. I have some questions. If I try one and I don't like it, can I go back to the original? Will a different launcher use more battery? Will it hurt my phone in any way?

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a different launcher. I have some questions. If I try one and I don't like it, can I go back to the original? Will a different launcher use more battery? Will it hurt my phone in any way?

In addition to BlueLions81 questions, can you try different launchers at the same time?

Launchers are like Apps so you can uninstall them whenever you want. You can also install multiple launchers and switch between them whenever you want.

KitKat should have brought in a default Home selector in the settings so you can select which Launcher to use. Alternatively, you can go into the App Settings of a particular Launcher that you have set as the default and Clear Defaults. Then, when you hit the home button again, you can re-select another launcher to use.

I suppose in theory, if it hasn't been coded properly, then it may drain some more battery, but that's unlikely. Things such as added animations, the speed of the animations, etc, can all have an effect on the battery, though. Just not very much.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I ran the stock launcher until the update. Since then I have tried Aviate (but the home key bug makes that too much of a pain), Action Launcher and now Nova Launcher (since upgraded to Prime) and I am sticking with Nova. I've only had one issue: some of my widgets stop displaying temporarily, including the Google search box at the top of the display (unlike many, I like that so I kept it with Nova). It's very infrequent, though.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you having any issues since 4.4? My home button has problems.

Posted via Android Central App

Try "unchecking" the box for Toggle Quickdrawer under Shortcuts in the settings menu. Since doing that, I have had zero issues with the home button.