Droid MAXX: Account action Required popping up after 4.4 update

Patrick Matteson

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Looking for some help folks ,I have a droid maxx that was just updated to Kitkat earlier in the week and ever since that updated I keep getting this annoying Account Action Required pop up.I've changed my google password thinking that would help but still keep getting the pop up.Any one have any idea what the deal is with this ? Thxs in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Account action Required popping up after 4.4 update

Looking for some help folks ,I have a droid maxx that was just updated to Kitkat earlier in the week and ever since that updated I keep getting this annoying Account Action Required pop up.I've changed my google password thinking that would help but still keep getting the pop up.Any one have any idea what the deal is with this ? Thxs in advance...

I had the same issue happen once today for the first time despite being on 4.4 x weeks. I know others on the Motorola forums have had the same. I tapped it and it went away. I couldn't determine any issues.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Does it say anything about Motorola Device ID? If so, check that setting (settings / Motorola Device ID)

Patrick Matteson

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

It did at first think I figured that out, this problem is with gmail...keeps asking for a password reset..I've reset multiple times still getting account action req.

Last edited:

jarrardx3

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I am getting the same problem but I do have 2-step verification enabled. When I long press and go to app info for the notification it usually shows Google Play Services. I've gone through the process of browser based 2-step verification as well as tried creating an app password, both work for about a day and then bam, it comes back up. It wont let me do anything with the internet or any of the google apps on my phone until I go through the whole process again each time.

ugh...

Mike Cloutier

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Same issue is happening with my girlfriends phone (Droid Mini on Verizon) and it is incredibly annoying. I found a temporary fix by disabling The Google Play Services application within the phones settings/apps, but the problem persists after restarting the phone. Still searching for a permanent solution since there is clearly something wrong here. Will post again if I learn anything more. No similar issue on my HTC One via AT&T.

dipman

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. No 2 factor authentication either. So annoying I'm considering calling Verizon, but I'm sure they'll offer to factory reset and that's it.

siriusguy

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I also have 2-step authorization. I created a new "Nexus 4" account. When I entered that instead of my main password the problem went away.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Any solutions to this? I'm also having this issue now randomly today. Everything was working fine, even as of this morning it was fine, and then all of a sudden it all started doing this.

estamey

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
A software glitch of unknown origin is prohibiting my Droid Ultra from accessing the internet. I've factory reset my phone already, and the problem has returned. Putting my phone in safe mode doesn't change anything either. I am getting continual "Account Action Required" notifications from Google. I am also getting ceaseless notifications from Motorola that say "Authentication problem: Touch to sign in with Motorola Device ID." Whenever I try to resolve these issues, the following message pops up:

"Couldn't sign in. You typed an incorrect password or your account has changed. Re-type your password. If you forgot your password and need to recover your account click here."

Anything I do fails to resolve the problem. Sometimes the message pops up unprovoked. As it stands now, I can't do anything on my phone because these notifications interrupt even the basic of tasks. And, of course, having no access to the internet is kind of a problem.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
A software glitch of unknown origin is prohibiting my Droid Ultra from accessing the internet. I've factory reset my phone already, and the problem has returned. Putting my phone in safe mode doesn't change anything either. I am getting continual "Account Action Required" notifications from Google. I am also getting ceaseless notifications from Motorola that say "Authentication problem: Touch to sign in with Motorola Device ID." Whenever I try to resolve these issues, the following message pops up:

"Couldn't sign in. You typed an incorrect password or your account has changed. Re-type your password. If you forgot your password and need to recover your account click here."

Anything I do fails to resolve the problem. Sometimes the message pops up unprovoked. As it stands now, I can't do anything on my phone because these notifications interrupt even the basic of tasks. And, of course, having no access to the internet is kind of a problem.

Are you able to get into your account from a computer?

please back away from the screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown