New contacts not importing into google contacts

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
It seems my Maxx has stopped importing contacts via card downloaded from gmail.

Received a new contact card today. Clicked on download, the device asked what account I wanted it to import into. The device went throughout the regular download steps but no contact. I repeated the steps three times with no luck. Eventually I had to drag the card file from my mail app to the contacts app on my mac.

This is a new issue. Have imported many vcards prior to 4.4. Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I've ever been able to import cards from iPhones. I've had people email them to me and they import ok. I believe when you set up the phone you can choose the contact source, Google vs vzw backup assistant. Could they have gone there?

if you can read this, you're standing too close

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue the other day, I believe after the KK update, where my contacts got screwed up. Mostly it had to do with what groups the contacts were assigned to. For instance, most of my favorites were removed from that group, but I didn't have any contacts deleted, just their group assignment. I'm still finding some contacts missing from group assignments I set up.

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
At first I loved this phone. Now, not so much; especially after the KK update.

When I receive the card via email the phone asks which account to import into. I always select my main account. The phone just doesn't want to complete the task.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC