Are you still happy with your Droid Maxx?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Howdy . . I keep thinking I'm going to upgrade to this phone or that phone (z30, moto x, htc one, iphone, etc), but everytime I walk in the store and hold the Maxx I just think its perfect for me. So I'm just asking for those of you who've had this phone awhile, do you still like it? even compared to the newer ones out like the x? How's it doing with kitkat (although that may be too early to tell)? Would you buy it again? etc . . .?

Thanks! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Are you still happy with your Maxx?

Howdy . . I keep thinking I'm going to upgrade to this phone or that phone (z30, moto x, htc one, iphone, etc), but everytime I walk in the store and hold the Maxx I just think its perfect for me. So I'm just asking for those of you who've had this phone awhile, do you still like it? even compared to the newer ones out like the x? How's it doing with kitkat (although that may be too early to tell)? Would you buy it again? etc . . .?

I've had mine for about 4 days and I'm loving it. I love the near-stock Android experience. Motorola has very little skin on this phone - and the stuff they did put on here, are great features! Moto Assist, Touchless Control, and Active Display are awesome. No other phones offer that. Call quality has been nice and clear, good speaker phone, fast UI, plenty loud, good form factor (I love the grippy kevlar back). I've had very good luck so far on the battery front (knock on wood) .. no issues. It's a big battery - takes a good while to charge back up. But I've been lucky with this phone so far. I recommend it!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I've had mine since a couple weeks after launch, and if I had to buy a phone today, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I love it. Couldn't ask for more in a phone. Well, maybe a better low-light camera and an IPS display, but hey nothing is ever perfect. In all honesty, the Maxx is the best phone for MY needs, and that's how it should be.

ajGoes

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

I'm still thrilled with mine after two weeks. Its only little flaw has actually helped me appreciate its massive battery: the micro USB connector is a little too stiff. Twice now I've thought I plugged it into the wall charger at night, only to find in the morning that the plug wasn't engaged. No big deal though, as the phone still had plenty of charge.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I'm still thrilled with mine after two weeks. Its only little flaw has actually helped me appreciate its massive battery: the micro USB connector is a little too stiff. Twice now I've thought I plugged it into the wall charger at night, only to find in the morning that the plug wasn't engaged. No big deal though, as the phone still had plenty of charge.
A wireless charger like the Tylt solves that problem. :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I've had it since 9 am of launch day, so just over 5 months. I'd buy this phone today (or the Moto X or iPhone 5s) if I had to buy a new phone, yes. I love this phone. It's not perfect - I have a few issues with BT audio, but they are very minor and I can live with them. The best thing about this phone is the size of the battery. I do much more with my phone than I would have with any other phone because I know the battery will last all day.

The downsides (besides the BT issues?) Since the 4.4 update, there is a bug that when you press the home key it registers the press as a double-press of the key, which is mildly annoying. Compared with the Moto X, it is clear that this phone will be about a month or so behind for any Android updates that Motorola decides to work on. (So far, that's still weeks before any other non-Google Play/Nexus phone.) I don't care about this at all, but clearly Verizon, who who owns the Droid brand, wants Motorola to skip the minor look-and-feel changes made to KitKat and stick with the Holo blue Jelly Bean theme and JB dialer - this is hardly the end of the world.

This is a great phone. I think it should be considered one of the great devices on Verizon Wireless right now, still, 5 months after release.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Trading the Maxx for an iPhone would be akin to trading a Ferrari for a pile of toenail clippings...in my humble (but very accurate) opinion.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Just bought this phone yesterday. I wouldn't trade the battery life for anything. My only gripe is the camera mainly. But for what i do upload to Facebook and instagram it is still pretty good. I'd buy another in heartbeat

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

One month after launch. First perfect phone. Seriously. It doesn't interfere with my life anymore...

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Since launch, and of all the phones out there now, the Maxx would still be my choice today. In fact, at this point in time, I am only looking forward to the next iteration.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

Purchased on second day of launch. Still love my phone, I could not ever again go to a lower battery phone!

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

The satisfaction of having all of my location settings and sync settings on, and still having more than enough battery to handle anything I throw at it is invaluable peace of mind.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I have to agree with you guys. Having a battery that you don't have to worry about is a huge plus no matter what else phone can do

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I would buy this phone over and over again based on my experiences thus far. It already has potential to be the best phone I've ever owned, even when keeping past phones and the eras I used them in within a proper perspective. But this battery life... the Maxx is entering some seriously uncharted territory and I'm liking it.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I can't go back to anything less than this kind of battery life

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1390983795329.jpg
    1390983795329.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 1390983804532.jpg
    1390983804532.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 44

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I've had this phone for a few months now. Also still have my note 3, which has been sitting on my desk for 3 months now. I always think I'm going to switch back, but there is just something that keeps me drawn to the maxx. Could there be improvements? Sure, the screen could be better. Is nowhere near the quality of the note. The camera is my biggest complaint, but for a phone it gets me by. I use about 5 to 6k minutes a month and need a good quality phone and speaker. Both have been impressive.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I've had this phone for a few months now. Also still have my note 3, which has been sitting on my desk for 3 months now. I always think I'm going to switch back, but there is just something that keeps me drawn to the maxx. Could there be improvements? Sure, the screen could be better. Is nowhere near the quality of the note. The camera is my biggest complaint, but for a phone it gets me by. I use about 5 to 6k minutes a month and need a good quality phone and speaker. Both have been impressive.

Aye. Moto knows how to do sound. My Nextel was the loudest phone that I've ever owned. Call quality is great as well.

Justin Stepp

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The only other phone I would consider comparable is a HTC One. The reason why is the front facing speakers, screen, and build quality.

The max has a great build quality but I hate the buttons. The software and battery are unbeatable. I would buy it again today or maybe get a new Sony phone.

Posted via Android Central App