Wireless charger for Droid Maxx

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this has been discussed already, but is there a consensus on which wireless charger seems to work best with Droid Maxx? There's seems to be a lot of them out there.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wireless charger for Maxx

I am thinking about getting the one from Verizon.... It is only fourty dollars and has good reviews.

Posted via my DROID MAXX

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

I use the ghost 100, no problems whatsoever

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Got my Tylt Vu from T-Mobile on a sale they had. Check and see if that's still on. You don't need to be a T-Mobile customer.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

The one I have is kinda hard to find anymore. I got it on eBay awhile back. It's by Energizer (model IC2B) and has space for 2 devices plus a port to charge one by wire. It was around $60 on eBay, I picked it up to charge my Maxx & N7. The N7 works great, but the Maxx seems to have trouble getting aligned. But it is nice to charge both at the same time if I need to.

Otherwise I looked at those ones from Nokia that you can get cheap thru AT&T (or you could a few months ago), and the Ghost one. I agree, some of these chargers seem very overpriced though.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

I got mine from Verizon for $70, used my Isis to get it down to $60 and the manager knocked another $10 because my corp discount wouldn't work on it.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

How do these work in comparison to plug in chargers? Do they take longer to charge? Do you always get a complete charge? Does it take more power to get the same charge on the phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

How do these work in comparison to plug in chargers? Do they take longer to charge? Do you always get a complete charge? Does it take more power to get the same charge on the phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
The tylt vu charges as fast as plugging it in. I get the same charge as a plug, shows 100% and takes the same amount of time to discharge.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

How do these wireless chargers work through cases (realizing that cases vary and some may allow wireless charging to work better than others).

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

How do these wireless chargers work through cases (realizing that cases vary and some may allow wireless charging to work better than others).

I am interested in this also.... I have an otterbox and want to make sure it can work through the case.

Posted via my DROID MAXX

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I've used mine with my case, the high gloss silicon one Verizon sells. The only issue I've seen is the phone can get hot, but that seems to be the case with any qi chargers. There's no solid evidence that says it hurts the device, but heating the battery can reduce the number of charging cycles the battery can do.

P.S. the part about the phone getting hot has nothing to do with the case, it's just part of inductive charging.

Last edited:

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I also have two Tylt Vu wireless chargers and I love them. They work just fine if your phone is in a case. I bought the first one for $70 from Tylt.com. The second one I bought in the Cyber Monday sale from Tylt.com for half price...$35. Just keep checking. They are bound to have them on sale again.

polar135

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

I picked this up CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad for Nexus 5, Nexus 7(2013) , Ne... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C40OG22...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3445194 it's OK at best, issues with getting the phone to line up correctly. Ordered the tylt Vu today at Verizon ($10 off paying with isis, plus I connected my isis with Alex serve card and get 20% back on all purchases till the end of the month so in all it will cost me $50. Excited to see if it works better.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk