Droid Maxx Owners - Do you Recommend this device?

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Droid Maxx Owners - Do you Reccomend this device?

[quoted post deleted by moderator]

Buyers remorse is when you're unhappy with your decision to buy an item after the sale. Clearly, JimBen73 is happy with his Maxx. Perhaps you were thinking of confirmation bias??

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Btw, I just picked up my Maxx last night and agree that it's an awesome phone.

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope it can go the distance without developing the horrible lag that has made me absolutely hate the RAZR MAXX. I can't wait to get rid of this phone. I was supposed to have a Droid MAXX here today but found out that it was backordered by Verizon.

I got the DROID MAXX as an insurance replacement for the RAZR MAXX HD. I completely agree about the lag. The lag on the RAZR MAXX was really awful. The DROID MAXX is really no comparison. This is the smoothest, fastest phone I've ever used. It's feature rich, but even better than that the features are thoughtfully implemented, not just piled on for the sake of piling on. It's much preferable to my wife's iPhone 5s. And don't get me wrong. I love Apple products. This phone is just better.

bradleyem

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

I'm trying to decide between the Maxx and the Note 3. I also have a Razr Maxx HD with the horrible lag. It was great up until recently, and then all of a sudden, lag. I think they purposely do this to make you upgrade. The problem is, I have a pioneer App Radio 2 in my car, and I use ARLiberator so that it mirrors my phone on the radio. It uses the hdmi port of the phone. I can also use mhl but the Maxx has neither. I'd like to try using screencast for a totally wireless solution, but I don't want to buy a phone and find out that it won't work and that my App Radio is now useless. I just love the build quality and signal that Moto phones have...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I've had the S4 and the LG G2 and now have the Maxx . I'm on Verizon like most of you so no N5 and no S5 (because I like actual smart phones). The Maxx is the best phone on the market right now. With active notifications, voice controls, great battery and quick updates(Kitkat). There is no way that anyone could pick against the Maxx if you have not owned one.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

[quoted post deleted by moderator]

So wait, you're admitting it's an awesome phone but you don't recommend it? Why wouldn't you recommend an awesome phone?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

I recommend it highly and without reservations.....Essentially this is the Moto X with some serious battery heft!

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

i def recommend it but i do not think it is a much better phone than the previous razr maxx HD.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

i def recommend it but i do not think it is a much better phone than the previous razr maxx HD.

I've had both and I consider the Droid Maxx to be superior in every way to the RAZR Maxx HD. Better performance, screen, battery, Active Notifications, call quality. You name it the phone is better.

Except the build quality. The RAZR HD was made far better. No creaks, gaps, nothing. Maybe Motorola will go back to this type of build quality with the next Droid.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I've had both and I consider the Droid Maxx to be superior in every way to the RAZR Maxx HD. Better performance, screen, battery, Active Notifications, call quality. You name it the phone is better.

Except the build quality. The RAZR HD was made far better. No creaks, gaps, nothing. Maybe Motorola will go back to this type of build quality with the next Droid.

I agree with this completely except my build quality is great on the droid maxx. Wondering why it was sent from a note 3.....Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Lots of negative comments come up from different devices. Aka trolls

I sure hope that wasn't towards me giving a negative opinion on the Droid Maxx while I have a Note 3. This is Android Central. We switch devices quickly for a variety of reasons and believe it or not there are not a whole lot of trolls on these forums.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. I suggest that those participating in the thread take the opportunity to review the AC forum rules.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

fjordsmom

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
What is the difference between xt1080 and xt1080m? I need a cell cover for my droid maxx, which I love, but am confused . thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
What is the difference between xt1080 and xt1080m? I need a cell cover for my droid maxx, which I love, but am confused . thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
Good question. I'm posting this from tapatalk to see if it posts the model number. I think mine is xt1080, but I'm not sure. I have the original 32G Maxx bought in Oct 2013.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Testing it one more time.

This time the model number came up so I guess that's what I have. Not sure if there is another way to tell what model number the phone is.

Sent from my XT1080

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol