Droid Maxx Owners - Do you Recommend this device?

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Droid Maxx Owners - Do you Reccomend this device?

The S4 got better by leaps and bounds with the 4.3 update. I wouldn't call it sluggish any longer.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Maxx is the best all around phone on the market. With battery life and active notifications and kit Kat. If this phone were on all carriers it all you would here about.

Posted via Android Central App

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Love it!

For me (and everyone is different) the 5" screen is good for my eyes, the battery life (of course) is legendary, the active notifications feature is so terrific I think I'd have a hard time going back to anything else, comes with 32gb right out of the box, NFC for wireless charging is cool, and a big positive for me (again, everyone has different tastes) I really really like the "industrial" look and feel - it's got rock solid build quality and kevlar wrap-around back and hefty feel.

So . . Ya . . if you're like me you'll love it ;-)

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I bought mine on launch day. Best build quality and performance of any smartphone that I've ever had (OG Incredible, Galaxy Nexus). Strongest signal strength and best call quality (voice) that I've ever heard. The obvious is battery life, never again worry about running out of juice regardless of how hard I've pushed it, and I've pushed it hard. It is so good that since I bought it, My mother in law bought one, my dad and step mom each bought one, one of my best friends bought one and my son bought one all at my urging and have thanked me many times over for recommending it. My son, btw just became a Maxx owner on Friday. So yes, even today, 6 months after I bought mine, I still HIGHLY recommend anyone that wants any of the things I mentioned above should buy one.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I sure hope it can go the distance without developing the horrible lag that has made me absolutely hate the RAZR MAXX. I can't wait to get rid of this phone. I was supposed to have a Droid MAXX here today but found out that it was backordered by Verizon.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

I sure hope it can go the distance without developing the horrible lag that has made me absolutely hate the RAZR MAXX. I can't wait to get rid of this phone. I was supposed to have a Droid MAXX here today but found out that it was backordered by Verizon.

I had the RAZR MAXX for about a year and a half, then passed it on to my son. It never had or has a problem with lag. Its not as snappy as the MAXX, but better than my wife's S4.

I wonder what is causing the trouble with yours...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine replaced due to horrible lag and the new one does it too.

It's so bad at times that I can't even answer the phone. It rings, but the controls to answer never come up. Last phone did the same thing. The phone just sucks.

I'm having difficulty just trying to post this reply. I hate this phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

The droid Maxx is the best phone on market Great battery, active notifications and kit Kat.

Posted via Android Central App

buster buddy

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

It's so bad at times that I can't even answer the phone. It rings, but the controls to answer never come up. Last phone did the same thing. The phone just sucks.

That is the problem that I'm having with my Droid 4. I've had it almost 2 years now. It was fine for a very long time but in the last couple of months it's really been lagging. Doesn't sound quite a bad as your Razr but there are times when I try to do a Google search or use other apps I will give up and will try again later. Phone calls are becoming more frustrating because the icons don't alway respond.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Are you speaking of the new Maxx? Your sig says RAZR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Are you speaking of the new Maxx? Your sig says RAZR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Talking about the RAZR MAXX. I don't have the DROID MAXX yet.

dmedesha

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Just bought a MAXX for my personal phone, replacing my GNex. I'm very impressed so far - I've had it a week.

We have about 200 RAZR MAXX HDs at work and I just setup 19 MAXX devices a couple weeks ago to transition to. The MAXX is much snappier and the battery just doesn't want to run out. Recommended.

Mike Nadeau

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Yes and yes again! I went to verizon in a similar frame of mind. For me it was iPhone 5s, note 3, or maxx. Went with the Droid Maxx and I love it! Feature packed, smooth, and killer battery life. Its a little better than my wife's s4, and I love wireless charging on this thing. Touchless controls is pretty sweet too.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Soooo many better choices than the Max. Sooo many better choices.
I just signed up for service through VZW last Friday and was on the fence about it. Was deciding between the iPhone 5S, Droid Maxx and S4. I noticed today that the S4 and Droid Maxx have both had their price reduced to $99! I bought a 32GB 5S for $300.

I'm rethinking my decision now, if for no other reason than to save myself some cash. I like the screen/ size on the S4 but love the battery and built in storage capacity on the Maxx.

For you Droid Maxx owners, would you still recommend the Maxx or would you pass on it for a difference device?

afmracer6

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

i really enjoy the lg g2. nearly the same battery life, snapdragon 800, 1080 ips screen, AMAZING camera

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Moto X, LG G2 and of course the N5 or 5S. Or just wait a few weeks for the S5 if you want a huge battery. All of these are light years ahead of the Maxx.

How is the Moto X in particular, light-years ahead of the Maxx?

Not that any of the other phones you listed are either, but to argue that the Moto X is, is just plain ridiculous, as it's basically the same hardware internally speaking, including the camera, which is actually better than it gets credit for in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app