music app besides the play music app

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if there I'd a basic music app I could put all my music on that isn't the play music app. It seems like when I play music on the play music app it drains faster

Posted via Android Central App

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Agreed on Poweramp. I started using it two weeks ago and find it well worth the price.

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if there I'd a basic music app I could put all my music on that isn't the play music app. It seems like when I play music on the play music app it drains faster

I just disabled Play Music once and for all. I haven't even used it today (meaning, I have not started the app, I have not listened to a single bit of music from the app) and it has used 14.2% of my battery. Meanwhile I did listen to podcasts for 80 minutes this morning and Pocketcasts has used 0.2% of my battery and mediaserver used 1.8%. It always tries to hijack the play/pause button on my earbuds when I'm listening to another app. I'm sick of this stupid app.

I don't have a replacement yet. My car system supports Pandora so, for now, I'll probably just stick with that when I want to listen to music.