Bug Report Captured

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else randomly get a notification that a bug report has been captured and ask you to email it, place it in dropbox or drive? At least once per week I get this. At first I thought that if I emailed it, then it was Google/Moto looking for bug reports to fix, but when I try to send the email it emails it to ME!

Just wondering if I'm alone here.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Not me as far as I know. I wonder if an app you installed is causing it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
As a matter of fact I got one last night. But I have gotten at least one other one a while back. Not as often as you have been though, once a week. I dropped it in my dropbox instead of emailing it and it was like a 11MB txt file....WOW.
Update...I think I figured out what happened to cause mine. When I got it last night I was tryin to do a screen capture and forgot which volume button to hit so I hit the UP vol button first before I hit the correct one (DOWN vol) along with the power button. So just now I tried the same combination, PWR button and UP vol, and I got another notice of a bug report captured.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... I get this too... Its an enigma for me as well. Happens on both dalvik and ART runtimes.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Speak of the devil and the devil appears. It just happened again. Take a look:
agagy5am.jpg

a6enu9a8.jpg

ahypubu7.jpg

It had this image attached to the big report.
za9yteqa.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
As a matter of fact I got one last night. But I have gotten at least one other one a while back. Not as often as you have been though, once a week. I dropped it in my dropbox instead of emailing it and it was like a 11MB txt file....WOW.
Update...I think I figured out what happened to cause mine. When I got it last night I was tryin to do a screen capture and forgot which volume button to hit so I hit the UP vol button first before I hit the correct one (DOWN vol) along with the power button. So just now I tried the same combination, PWR button and UP vol, and I got another notice of a bug report captured.

I think you are right! I just tried to recreate it and YES, every time I hold volume up and power, about 30 seconds later it produces a bug report. Thanks!

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Did the same thing to reproduce. Good catch!

One thing I noticed, prior to notifying you that there is a bug, it looks like that file gets uploaded automatically to Google's servers. You are essentially uploading an 11 mb to google without knowing it has been sent to them. Like a status indicator or something.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

WhiteGUYfresh

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else randomly get a notification that a bug report has been captured and ask you to email it, place it in dropbox or drive? At least once per week I get this. At first I thought that if I emailed it, then it was Google/Moto looking for bug reports to fix, but when I try to send the email it emails it to ME!

Just wondering if I'm alone here.

I know I'm real late on this but I've had this problem since I purchased this phone in Nov. I highly doubt that theres an innocent explanation. It is NSA. How can our buttons be this sensitive. We need yo wake up and educate ourselves to this mess.

wyttap

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I receive these notifications all the time. I called Verizon. They didn't know anything. They wanted to do a manufacture reset. I called Motorola. They didn't know anything about it, but had me reboot it without losing all my information. I went a week without a bug notification, but then they returned.

rwongtime

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have been getting this bug report since early March and I have since reset my S4. I downloaded only the apps I need and used Helium and Google to back up my stuff.

I did do a print screen yesterday which couldve triggered this bug report yet again.

Does anyone know how we can contact Samsung regarding this?

Lloyd Louks

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I have been getting this "Bug Report" generated since May 2014. I have done nothing to consciously generate this report. But, I have been trying to e-mail it because I was expecting it to know to whom it needs to go. Not a total blissful assumption given these come up at random times and seem to be Android capturing a problem and wanting to send it along to developers. Well ... I am ashamed to say that all this time I have failed to notice the reported were going to MY GMAIL ACCOUNT. What a waste of time and resource. Since Google and Android are one benevolent domain, someone should at least blaze a path for these "Bug Reports" to find their way back to the Igors in their bastions of development.

Now that I know I've duped myself into believing that Google Android knows more about what happens on my Motorola Moto G running Android 4.4.4 than the NSA, I will simply delete these pesky bits of irrelevance.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Lucky

Last edited:

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been getting this "Bug Report" generated since May 2014. I have done nothing to consciously generate this report. But, I have been trying to e-mail it because I was expecting it to know to whom it needs to go. Not a total blissful assumption given these come up at random times and seem to be Android capturing a problem and wanting to send it along to developers. Well ... I am ashamed to say that all this time I have failed to notice the reported were going to MY GMAIL ACCOUNT. What a waste of time and resource. Since Google and Android are one benevolent domain, someone should at least blaze a path for these "Bug Reports" to find their way back to the Igors in their bastions of development.

Now that I know I've duped myself into believing that Google Android knows more about what happens on my Motorola Moto G running Android 4.4.4 than the NSA, I will simply delete these pesky bits of irrelevance.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Lucky
If you are trying to do a screen capture and mess up the button press it will generate a bug report.

Lloyd Louks

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, Chief!
Not trying to anything.
Most of the time just talking, texting, checking e-mails. I rarely turn the phone off, press the on button to wake it up, sound down during events, don't do anything special.
It just seems to come up with this 'Bug Report' from nowhere, even after periods of no activity.

Lucky

Semper Fi

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey no problem Lucky, It seems that a few people have experienced this, including myself, and it is from a combination of pressing the power and vol up buttons but it can take a few minutes to actually compile the report and will not show up until the next time you wake your phone. I have read that you can turn this off by going into your setting>developer options and disabling the USB debugging option, although I have not tested that. If no luck with that then I would just keep deleting them because they are pretty big files for text files, at least mine were.

reb352

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Well the path on my i337 running stock 4.4.4 is: \Android\data\com.google.android.apps.docs\files\pinned_docs_files_do_not_edit\49c34f0efae55dd2eff65082035a3fea

Hardly - in a Bug Report folder!!! The easiest way to do this is to let Win7 do a search of the Phone.

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
The exact same thing happens to me. Why would I want to email a bug report to myself? I know nothing about writing apps or fixing apps and to be honest....I don't want to know how to fix an app...I've got better things to do with my time then to spend most of my time playing or working on Smartphone.... Quite honestly....I'm a dummy when it comes to this stuff. I know I have all kinds of Apps on my Nexus 5 that I will never use or even know what the app does. Such as SDK MANAGER, and SIM Toolkit, and other stuff.....Can anyone tell me if it is safe to remove pre installed apps that I don't use....such as HANGOUTS, or EARTH or GOOGLE PLAY BOOKS, or GOOGLE PLAY NEWSSTAND? I get message that tells me that other apps might misbehave.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac