Screen Burn In

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has seen this yet, but I'm starting to see burn in from the status bar already. I've had the Maxx since October and am just starting to see burn in. I didn't notice the status bar burn in on my GS3 until after a year of use, but by that time it wasn't repairable.

After what happened on my S3, I've been trying to keep this from happening by switching the screen orientation from time to time. I'm also running the stock launcher, brightness has been set at around 25-30%. Since I've noticed this, I tried using auto brightness, but don't know if that will help. The only other amoled screen phone I've had besides those two was the OG Droid Incredible, and never had an issue with this. I'm a bit worried that I'm starting to see this so soon though.

Anyone else seeing this?

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen it yet either. I have heard of it but usually only happens when you keep your screen brightness all the way up.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have not seen it yet either. I have heard of it but usually only happens when you keep your screen brightness all the way up.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

That's usually what I've heard of as well. I had the brightness a bit higher on the S3, like at most 50%. I just can't figure why the Maxx screen would be more susceptible to this than the S3's screen. The only difference as far as I know is the S3 screen is Pentile and the Maxx isn't.

Hopefully auto brightness will help. I just hate how dark it gets in a dark room and it's always adjusting while I'm reading or typing. I thought I'd be OK leaving the brightness set low, but I guess not.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting it at all. Then again I use GEL with the transparent bar and I've used NOVA Prime with the transparent bar before this.

But with the GEL and NOVA, the bar is only transparent on the home screen correct? Because I'm betting that since the affected area is on the right side when in portrait, that it's happening because of the Chrome browser. Is the status bar transparent when using Chrome?

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Droid Maxx is an AMOLED screen. If the brightness is too high it will burn an image if left on for a while.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Like I said in the first post, I kept my brightness level around 25-30%, which is about as low as you can go and have it still be readable. Screen off time is 1 minute, but I usually put it to sleep manually, so other than when in use, the screen was not on.

So far the plan going forward to is keep changing screen orientation and use auto brightness. It sucks because I never had this problem with my old Incredible, which was an amoled model and in use for longer than my Maxx has been. And I had the brightness on that phone set to around 50-75% with no issue.