How to remove extra home screens?

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
How do I go about removing the extra home screens on my Droid Maxx? Is that even possible? I'm new to Droids and Motorola.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It's not possible with the stock launcher. If you get a launcher like Nova or Apex you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference from the stock launcher, but you get a lot more customization options. When you install another launcher there is even a "home" in the settings app so you can quickly switch back and forth between the launchers you have on the phone.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Best part is, you can make a backup of your configuration with most launchers now. Not so with stock.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You can also use GEL or Google Now Launcher and use as few or as many pages that you want to use. It's free but it does not let you customize as many things as Nova, Apex et.al.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm using action launcher, I'm enjoying it so far

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

weedrose

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
On my stock Samsung Galaxy S3, from any home screen, pinch the screen. All of the home screens will appear on one screen. There will be a trash can at the bottom or top of the screen; drag the unwanted home screens to the can. If in the future you want to add a screen or 2 back, pinch from any home screen again & click the home screen with the "+" sign in it. I cannot say this works for all droids, but it has on my last 2 models, both Samsungs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
On my stock Samsung Galaxy S3, from any home screen, pinch the screen. All of the home screens will appear on one screen. There will be a trash can at the bottom or top of the screen; drag the unwanted home screens to the can. If in the future you want to add a screen or 2 back, pinch from any home screen again & click the home screen with the "+" sign in it. I cannot say this works for all droids, but it has on my last 2 models, both Samsungs.

Too bad, but that does nothing on the Droid Maxx with the stock launcher.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
On my stock Samsung Galaxy S3, from any home screen, pinch the screen. All of the home screens will appear on one screen. There will be a trash can at the bottom or top of the screen; drag the unwanted home screens to the can. If in the future you want to add a screen or 2 back, pinch from any home screen again & click the home screen with the "+" sign in it. I cannot say this works for all droids, but it has on my last 2 models, both Samsungs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That's part of Samsung's added software. Some of the features are nice, but I personally prefer not to have the extra bloat of most of it for the few nice features, especially when it's so easy to install something custom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Will Sams

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Surprised no one spoke up regarding the last case. That is not a Samsung thing, it is an OS thing. The last few versions of Android, just pinch your screen to get the options to edit your screen. This will also give you the ability to remove the screen.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Surprised no one spoke up regarding the last case. That is not a Samsung thing, it is an OS thing. The last few versions of Android, just pinch your screen to get the options to edit your screen. This will also give you the ability to remove the screen.

But it won't on the stock launcher of the Droid Maxx....

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry, but that's not correct. That is not a feature of unmodified Android, it is an added feature on Samsungs. Other manufacturers may have similar added features as well.

Navidd

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
How do I go about removing the extra home screens on my Droid Maxx? Is that even possible? I'm new to Droids and Motorola.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

If you don't wanna install any app to do this, just delete all icons on the home screen that you want to remove and it will be automatically deleted.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you don't wanna install any app to do this, just delete all icons on the home screen that you want to remove and it will be automatically deleted.

Again, this works on other launchers (well, on the Google now launcher for one), but not on the stock Droid Maxx launcher on KitKat. It has five fixed home screens, with the default the middle (third) screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781