Screen shutting off mid video

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I'm watching a video lately, my phone will shut off once 1 minute has elapsed, which is how I have my display set - to shutoff after a minute, if my phone is inactive.

I noticed it a couple weeks ago and forgot, but it just happened a few minutes ago multiple times, and it made me think, maybe this has been an issue since the kit kat update.

I don't watch a ton of videos on my phone, but is there a setting I could be missing which allows me to change this? I don't remember this being an issue in the past?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What app are you using to watch videos? Are these streaming videos, or locally stored videos?

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I'm watching a video lately, my phone will shut off once 1 minute has elapsed, which is how I have my display set - to shutoff after a minute, if my phone is inactive.

I noticed it a couple weeks ago and forgot, but it just happened a few minutes ago multiple times, and it made me think, maybe this has been an issue since the kit kat update.

I don't watch a ton of videos on my phone, but is there a setting I could be missing which allows me to change this? I don't remember this being an issue in the past?

Embedded videos on the pulse app and bleacher report team stream. I have to check and see if it happens on YouTube or any stored videos. I think it also happened while watching a video from my browser (dolphin).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the app isn't a dedicated video player, it might not have the ability to override the screen timeout, which is more of an app coding issue rather than a defect. I know for sure that YouTube overrides the screen timeout, so see what happens if you watch a YouTube video for longer than your screen timeout. It should stay awake. Your best bet may be to send an email to the Pulse and Bleacher Report developers, and let them know about the issue.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
In your settings for the Dolphin browser there is a setting to keep the screen on. Settings--> Lab--> Keep screen on