Text Message Bug

Crazy Yankee

Jul 20, 2010
www.crazyyankeesportfishing.com
I have a notification on my text message icon saying there is a new text message, but I've scrolled through everything and can't find it. it's annoying me. Also, when someone sends a picture I have to scroll down the list of people who have texted me to find them. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this bug. Anyone figured out a way to fix it?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a notification on my text message icon saying there is a new text message, but I've scrolled through everything and can't find it. it's annoying me. Also, when someone sends a picture I have to scroll down the list of people who have texted me to find them. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this bug. Anyone figured out a way to fix it?

Which texting app are you using?

chauncycat

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

The text is probably there. There was an issue with the upgrade to kitkat with time stamps, especially with group messaging. To fix this, scroll all the way down through the text message list until you find the new message, it will default back to the date the text was started. Don't reply to it, delete the thread, and start a new text conversation, and it will correct the issue.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
i get frustrating issues on hangouts every now and then. im using moto x running 4.4 stock.

the issues that ive encountered is there are times i will receive a message saying "touch to download MMS, retrying" so i have to wait for the text to come through (this is for receiving, not sending) and itll take a few min til it receives it (whether it its 1 person im texting or a group).
if i send a gif to anyone, it never animates on their end, but it does on mine....sometimes.
there will be times that i have to turn off wifi on phone because it has issues sending/receiving.

overall, it has amazing capabilities, just needs the bugs ironed out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech