Maxx forgets Bluetooth pairing after reboot

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So I recently purchased a new car, and deleted my old car out of the Bluetooth pairings. New car added no issues, voice and music all work...etc. Problem is when I reboot my phone (phone was acting up the other day so I did a long hold on the power button to force a reboot). When the phone turned back on, the pairing for my new car was gone, but the 3 other pairings I had previously (my wife's car, my headset, and my ski goggles) were all still there, and the pair was still set up in the car. So I had to redo the whole pairing over again.

Anyone else encounter this issue with Kit Kat? It's just really random that my last paired device would be deleted like that on a reboot.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So I recently purchased a new car, and deleted my old car out of the Bluetooth pairings. New car added no issues, voice and music all work...etc. Problem is when I reboot my phone (phone was acting up the other day so I did a long hold on the power button to force a reboot). When the phone turned back on, the pairing for my new car was gone, but the 3 other pairings I had previously (my wife's car, my headset, and my ski goggles) were all still there, and the pair was still set up in the car. So I had to redo the whole pairing over again.

Anyone else encounter this issue with Kit Kat? It's just really random that my last paired device would be deleted like that on a reboot.
Did it require a pairing code? Sometimes mine will connect without the pairing code and be flaky. If I pair again it asks for it (0000) and the flakiness is gone.

This is my wifes car 2012 Rav 4 with 3 phones being on the pairing list. I get the other 2 to turn off BT till I get mine paired and connected.

and by the way Ski Goggles?, I gotta Google them!!:D What brand?

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Did it require a pairing code? Sometimes mine will connect without the pairing code and be flaky. If I pair again it asks for it (0000) and the flakiness is gone.

This is my wifes car 2012 Rav 4 with 3 phones being on the pairing list. I get the other 2 to turn off BT till I get mine paired and connected.

and by the way Ski Goggles?, I gotta Google them!!:D What brand?

The car did require a pairing code, which I set at 0000. Its not that the phone doesn't connect, it's that the physical saved device is just gone (ie, prior to reboot i have 4 devices, post reboot i have 3). Its just weird - never seen the phone forget a pairing before.

And the goggles are the Oakley Airwave 1.5's - they have a HUD in them with all sorts of cool information while on the slopes.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I found them when I googled them, Glass doesn't hold a candle to those Oaks...and there considerably cheaper!