Podcast apps?

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I might be in the wrong forum here. Can anyone recommend a great Podcast app for Android? Back when I had an iPhone, there were several really good ones, but now that I'm on Android I need a few recommendations.

Thanks!

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I use and love beyond pod. It is pretty powerful and flexible so it may have a steeper learning curve compared to others.

Posted via Android Central App

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Beyondpod, is in fact the best podcast app you can ever have.

It is very powerful, and has all the podcasts you could ever think of.

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

Last edited:

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Beyondpod is the only app right now with chromecast capabilities in terms of pod casts if I'm not mistaken.... Which would make it the clear #1 IMO.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Beyondpod is the only app right now with chromecast capabilities in terms of pod casts if I'm not mistaken.... Which would make it the clear #1 IMO.

If you only listen to audio podcasts, that seems like a nice to have rather than a need to have. Syncing with Pocketcasts is great - I was able to easily survive a factory reset and everything was ready to go when I reentered my password.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If you only listen to audio podcasts, that seems like a nice to have rather than a need to have. Syncing with Pocketcasts is great - I was able to easily survive a factory reset and everything was ready to go when I reentered my password.

You can sync with BeyondCast. It uses RSS capabilities and XML that is used with iTunes to update. It can also sync across all devices with the DVR features. And its more than audio podcasts, you can do video podcasts as well. Did you research BeyondCast before posting? I watched AAA on my chromecast from last week's video episode without any issues.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=mobi.beyondpod&hl=en&token=QvrPVNKS

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You can sync with BeyondCast. It uses RSS capabilities and XML that is used with iTunes to update. It can also sync across all devices with the DVR features. And its more than audio podcasts, you can do video podcasts as well. Did you research BeyondCast before posting? I watched AAA on my chromecast from last week's video episode without any issues.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=mobi.beyondpod&hl=en&token=Cm9a6bWV

I tried BeyondPod a while ago when I was looking to start using my phone as a podcast player and I just didn't like it as much. I know that it does audio podcasts (that's all that I do.) What I meant was that Chromecast support is not all that important if you are only interested in audio podcasts, particularly if you are listening on earphones. And PocketCast syncing between iOS and Android versions means that I can start listening to a podcast on the phone and then pick up the playlist where I left off (at the exact moment that I left off in an episode) if I want to listen on my iPad, and then go back again. Or, like I said - after a factory reset Pocket Casts picked up right where I left off with both of my playlists when I reinstalled the app and resynced, including where I was in each episode. If BeyondPod also does that, forgive me for impying that it does not.

Pocketcasts does cost a little less.

If BeyondPod works for you, that's great. The OP hasn't really said exactly what he is looking for in a podcatcher/player. I'll agree with you about this - BeyondPod is better if you watch video podcasts and want to do so on a Chromecast, at least for now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance