Google Now Launcher

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just different. Google now is my more envolved in the launcher.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok..so I downloaded it, dropped it onto my phone via USB cable and then tried to install it with Root Explorer and it comes back with...."there was a problem with parsing the package." What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Chief

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok..so I downloaded it, dropped it onto my phone via USB cable and then tried to install it with Root Explorer and it comes back with...."there was a problem with parsing the package." What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Chief

My Maxx is not rooted. All I did to load it was copy the .apk to my phone and then clicked on it in my file manager. Installed from there. The next time I hit the home button, I got the choice of Google Now Launcher or Launcher (moto's).

Perhaps your apk is corrupt. I got the one from this article:
Here’s how to get the Google Now Launcher on any Android phone or tablet | TalkAndroid.com
It's the current build from the play store.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How do you all like the launcher? I have read mixed reviews.

Posted via my DROID MAXX

Best I've tried. I like simple. I like the bigger icons than the built in launcher. I like sliding left to get to google now (better than sliding up from the home button). If I could delete/add home pages to the built in launcher, then it would be a closer contest. I've tried Nova, Action, Themer.... I keep coming back to the google now launcher.

Try it. It's free and a simple delete if you don't like it.

slumkid

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You CAN add home pages to the Google Now Launcher - just not "blank" ones. To add a home page, just drag an icon over to the right (as if there was another page there), and it will create a new one. I think you can add as many as you want to. To remove home pages, just slide all of the icons off of it.

Now if anyone out there know how to get to the Play Store from the new launcher without using a shortcut, please let me know...

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You CAN add home pages to the Google Now Launcher

Not sure if you're replying to me, but I was referring to the stock launcher. Can't remove blank screens on it or add more. If possible, I might have stayed with it instead of GN launcher as not having extra blank screens is one of the appeals.

Now if anyone out there know how to get to the Play Store from the new launcher without using a shortcut, please let me know...

I don't understand this question. What does "without using a shortcut" mean?