Droid MAXX: WIFI and Bluetooth Won't turn on!!

Julien Jones

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
my wifi cant search for network, it cant go off or on, the same applies to bluetooth,,,,,,,,wht can be done,,, no wifi no phone life......running adriod4.4

thx

Febriana Guntoro

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I had exactly the same problem; I couldn't turn on wifi and bluetooth, when swiping the button to on, it automatically turned back to off after a few seconds. I tried booting in safe mode which didn't help.

For some reason the problem is gone when I uninstall the 'Tiny Flashlight' app. After having wifi working again I reinstalled the 'Tiny Flashight' app and the wifi and bluetooth problem came back after half a day.

I don't know if the problem is caused by the flashlight app, maybe it's and conflict with the flash light app caused by android itself.

Hope this works for you!

Cheers!

It worked on me thankyou very much God bless you x

Ritz Bernal

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello. It might be the flash. I searched for this forum because I have the same problem. I remember that my camera is also having a problem when it comes to the flash. I hope I can have mine fixed.

Ttone

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
YEP! IT'S THE FLASHLIGHT APP !!!

Same problem described - on/off slider bars for WiFi and Bluetooth wouldn't stay on. I removed the flashlight app, powered down, turned back on. I'm back in business (minus a flashlight). Thank you !

Abed Matini

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I have this problem too,
LG G2,
Everything worked fine till yesterday, It happen suddenly. Wifi and Bluetooth don't work anymore.
I checked Hardware Information in setting, Wifi Mac address and Bluetooth address are Unavailable.
I did a Factory Data Reset, but it did not help.
any idea?

lilkidtchr

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I am having this issue - WiFi and Bluetooth refusing to turn on. Extremely aggravating as I use Bluetooth constantly and WiFi as much as possible. Powering off/on does not work. I do not have a flashlight app and haven't gotten any new apps. Grrr!
Droid Maxx running 4.4.4 version

sherylmont

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I am having same issue except now my camera is also not working. I tried uninstalling a flashlight app I had but didn't work. I can't seem to find a fix anywhere. Phone is 18 mos old.
Driod Maxx running 4.4.4

briiggen

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi I found a fix which is very simple and takes no time at all to do, I searched all over trying to find a fix for this problem I searched the internet for weeks and found nothing so today I decided to try a battery pull while the tablet was switched on but once I removed the back I noticed the battery was actually soldered to the motherboard so I simply cut the negative wire from the battery and then twisted the frayed ends back together then upon turning it back on the wifi and bluetooth were working as they should :)

TS_Cycle_Salvage433

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Like most of you, I had this issue randomly pop up yesterday, too. I found the solution to be deleting the flashlight app (Super-Bright LED Flashlight)I had installed a few days previous. My WiFi and Bluetooth are both functioning normally again.

Mike Daris

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
There is a fix I figured it out for the droid maxx xt1080 32gb built in sd all you have to do is go into quick boot by turn off phone first then hold the power button and the vol down key, after that select recovery and you will get the knocked over drone under it says no command, after that hold the vol up and power button at the same time for around 3 to 4 sec till the next menu comes up and then click wipe cache partition, then it will say erasing cache, after that's done click on the wipe data / factory reset, but make sure you backup your data first, or all will be lost. after that the problem is fixed.

Last edited:

dganey1994

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
There is a fix I figured it out for the droid maxx xt1080 32gb built in sd all you have to do is go into quick boot by turn off phone first then hold the power button and the vol down key, after that select recovery and you will get the knocked over drone under it says no command, after that hold the vol up and power button at the same time for around 3 to 4 sec till the next menu comes up and then click wipe cache partition, then it will say erasing cache, after that's done click on the wipe data / factory reset, but make sure you backup your data first, or all will be lost. after that the problem is fixed.

I've tried this an it still hasn't fixed my prob.. Just got my phone 3days ago :(

Tru BLUE

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Anybody try to install certificates. I noticed that option in the WiFi overflow unfortunate for me not only to my WiFi n bt not work neither does my mobile data waiting on my replacement if I can't b find a remedy

Posted via the Android Central App

rajranjan

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Just clear the cache memory by pressing the power and Volume down button simultaneously when phone is switched off. It worked for me. You can give it a try and check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy