WiFi help

doogan123

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
guys..
So another issue that i would love help on is WiF and when it connects

I have WiFi at home and in the office. However once I leave any of these locations, I notice that WiFi tries to connect to other networks ..as its suppose to ..but if I am just out if range or not authorized... It won't work...but While uts trying ...it also has my mobile data disabled.. And I have no functioning connection. I have to stop what I an doing and disable WiFi... Then remember to reenable when I get back.
I have played with the setting for weak connections and that does not help

I have tried a couple of the task application's ..Llama etc and they butchered my battery life...to do what I needed with precise locations you need GPS on. Using the tower locations did not help

Am I asking too much? Ideally if the moto assis should do it...when it detects you driving... Shut off WiFi... But I cannot see how to. There used to be an application in mybikd droid that did this perfectly... Cannot remember the name now but I know it no longer works on this version on droid

Any thoughts ..thanks

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, in settings / wifi, turn off 'notify me when wifi is available'. While you're there, hit the menu lower right, tap advanced, and turn off "scanning always available".

The assist app will not toggle wifi, no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze