Email weirdness - Droid MAXX

cymfogg

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Howdy all - did not find a specific thread, so apologies if this has been addressed before.

Having issues deleting emails, specifically Yahoo ones. Seems I need to delete them 4 to 5 times for it to actually stick and delete. I thought it might have been a login wifi issue, but it does the same on 4G too. Corporate/Exchange email seems ok....although slow to update (probably just my work's servers), but the Yahoo one has me stumped. Biggest issue I have on Corp/Exchange is not having the desktop match the phone....as in I'll delete from my phone but a lot of times it won't delete from the computer.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

cymfogg

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
In addition - found another issue. On Corp/exchange emails, if I delete on the phone, it does not delete on my PC. This is on 4G LTE - it will occasionally on wifi.
Thanks.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the Yahoo mail app, or setting up Yahoo mail on the mail app? If it's the email app (and, if so - why not the Yahoo Mail app?), is it set up as a POP account or IMAP?

I'm not sure about Exchange. Thankfully, I haven't had to worry about that nightmare (used to admin) for ten years now. You may want to call your corp email support guys. Maybe they know the answer.

cymfogg

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Yahoo is set up as POP - I may try the Yahoo mail app and see if that works correctly. I'll try contacting my exchange email support - maybe they do know. Thanks for the help!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
POP is just download, with no syncing back to the server. Well, deleted should sync. (Actually, the traditional way of using POP is for the mail client to delete all mail off the server, but, thankfully, that's no longer the case.)

If you want to stick with the stock mail client, I'd suggest using an IMAP connection. With IMAP, all mail is synchronized back to the server, so when you delete on the phone, it will be deleted on webmail, and vice versa. You'd delete the account you have now and recreate it; you'll probably have to manually configure the server. The IMAP (which fetches mail) and SMTP (which sends mail) server settings, with port numbers, for Yahoo mail are here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile-mail/imap-server-settings-sln4075.html?impressions=true

Actually, these instructions may be better: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile-mail/SLN3696.html?impressions=true

Definitely do that manual setup, though - I suspect that setting up automatically will just set up another POP account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech