Hypothesis I've been thinking about.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
What does everyone think, about this hypothesis that I've been thinking about?

What if, Motorola was going to skip 4.4.2 and wait for 4.4.3 for the MAXX. I know, that this is a far out dream, but one can dream, right!

What does everyone think about this?

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
See David Schuster's comments on this post: https://plus.google.com/+PunitSoni/posts/Ukc61bfdYTz

For those that have been expressing their frustration and asking about the timing for the DROID Ultra and Maxx 4.4.2 upgrade. We are also frustrated. There have been some late requirement changes that have generated some unforeseen delays. We are actively working on getting you the upgrade as quickly as we can, however, it will still be a number of weeks before it is ready. Very sorry for the delays.

and

You will get white icons and with respect to 4.4.2 vs 4.4.3..... don't worry about that we got you covered on that one.... trust me

I don't think it will necessarily be 4.4.3 - I think that Moto will have patched whatever is changed between 4.4.2 and 4.4.3.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Pardon me, but doesn't that essentially convert 4.4.2 into 4.4.3? If they patch everything over, they'd have no reason to not patch over the version number bump right?

And I think 4.4.3 is what he meant by "we've got you covered".

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Pardon me, but doesn't that essentially convert 4.4.2 into 4.4.3? If they patch everything over, they'd have no reason to not patch over the version number bump right?

It could be that the 4.4.2 on the Moto builds don't have the bugs fixed for the Nexus/GP devices. In other words, Moto may have already fixed those bugs. Or, they may have been fixed with app updates to camera, assist, etc.

We'll see. I'm not too concerned about version numbers as I am about getting functionality and bug fixes.

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
See David Schuster's comments on this post: https://plus.google.com/+PunitSoni/posts/Ukc61bfdYTz

and

I don't think it will necessarily be 4.4.3 - I think that Moto will have patched whatever is changed between 4.4.2 and 4.4.3.

Verizon should do a documentary on their software and hardware testing. You would think they are building a new jumbo supersonic jet. I dont know who runs their QA department or they need a new project manager. Because any thing that take this long and repetitive as Verizon testing .should be quicker by now.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon should do a documentary on their software and hardware testing. You would think they are building a new jumbo supersonic jet. I dont know who runs their QA department or they need a new project manager. Because any thing that take this long and repetitive as Verizon testing .should be quicker by now.

Fwiw, if this is something like a baseband fix, I'm more than willing for Verizon to insist on having it right rather than having it fast.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Fwiw, if this is something like a baseband fix, I'm more than willing for Verizon to insist on having it right rather than having it fast.

I'm sorry I don't want to sound rude but the excuse everyone uses that they'd rather have it right then fast is just not very accurate. Their is no reason why it takes Verizon this long, You can easily make a new build and fix any bugs in under a few weeks. Look at the moto x update as a good example, Update was released fast and with no bugs. This isn't them trying to get it right but just Verizon being slow and last in line just like every other device that hasn't been updated while the other carriers have already pushed them out.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, it was a supposition - "if". However, we all saw what happened in December when Motorola rushed the kitkat update without a full soak test. That wasn't Verizon being slow. Thankfully, my phone was fine, but many people had bricks.

But, really, nobody except Verizon and Motorola know why it's taking so long, so I'm just going to stop guessing and go back to that I can live with the phone as it is now, and when it gets an update that fixes bugs and, hopefully, gives us fewer bugs, I'll be happy. When it comes, it comes.

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Baseband fix.?That would make the situation even worst, since the Droid Maxx is the same phone as the Moto X except the shell and battery. This is software level tweaks that probably disables the ability to disable apps. So we can soak in their bloatware goodness no matter what we do, other than root lol Verizon bloat = 1990's pop up ads.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Baseband fix.?That would make the situation even worst, since the Droid Maxx is the same phone as the Moto X except the shell and battery. This is software level tweaks that probably disables the ability to disable apps. So we can soak in their bloatware goodness no matter what we do, other than root lol Verizon bloat = 1990's pop up ads.

FWIW, baseband is the name for the radio firmware - the software (non-Android - low level firmware) that manages the mobile radios, and (I am pretty sure) WiFi and BT and NFC. And, again - it was a supposition. IF the wait is due to something like a fix to the radio firmware, I'd rather they get it right than get it fast.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I am not trolling here. But really. When there was little to no difference from 4.2.2 to 4.4... What's the rush?

But on the other hand it does feel nice to have the latest and greatest.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not trolling here. But really. When there was little to no difference from 4.2.2 to 4.4... What's the rush?

I'm honestly so happy with the way my phone runs right now that I see no reason to rush. If we were getting earth shaking changes, sure I'd be in a hurry. But for just a few tweaks? Meh.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Funny how the new version comes in red but they cut the memory in half. Reminds me of the galaxy nexus!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, baseband is the name for the radio firmware - the software (non-Android - low level firmware) that manages the mobile radios, and (I am pretty sure) WiFi and BT and NFC. And, again - it was a supposition. IF the wait is due to something like a fix to the radio firmware, I'd rather they get it right than get it fast.

I know exactly what a basebands is. Im just saying, the same radios are in the Moto X, Whatever radio issue fix they have would be applied to the Moto X already. Which wouldnt make sense to delay the software update for "Weeks" .We can all speculate on what Verizon is changing or updating. But there is evidence not needing supposition to try to figure out .
The multiple posts from Punit Soni on Google + and the recent updates to the other Moto X phones.

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I share alot of content on my phone and since I have the "share" bug. Where I have to constantly reset my app preferences to share photos. Its annoying. Because its reenables all the apps I disable and then I have to select defaults for every app all over again. Im careful not to default anything in my photo and messaging apps, but that bug doesnt care. In a few days, it will auto set a default and im back to square one. I dont even care about the update like that, I just want this share bug to go away.lol!!!!

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
tdawg00,

I've never had an issue with this. Perhaps it is specific to an app you are using? I don't share photos very often, but I always have a whole list of apps to choose from. What apps are you using to share photos? Maybe I can try them out.

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
[
tdawg00,

I've never had an issue with this. Perhaps it is specific to an app you are using? I don't share photos very often, but I always have a whole list of apps to choose from. What apps are you using to share photos? Maybe I can try them out.

Its any app. Its a bug in 4.4. My Nexus 7 doesnt have this issue what so ever. And basically mirror the apps on my phone and my tablet. Its on 4.4.2

Theres videos online showing the bug in action.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
[

Its any app. Its a bug in 4.4. My Nexus 7 doesnt have this issue what so ever. And basically mirror the apps on my phone and my tablet. Its on 4.4.2

Theres videos online showing the bug in action.

You just jinxed me! Now I see this when trying to share a YouTube video to my roku. It defaults to Gmail instead of belkin media play. A reboot fixes it for a while at least?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad