Soak test for Droid Maxx

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I like how they make you sign your life away (not exactly) that you are going to keep this stuff private, but then it ends up published all over the place.

Targetyou

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been in every soak for every Motorola device I've had, but I haven't received anything yet regarding this soak. I'm wondering if this was a little preemptive and the soak invites haven't gone out yet.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I hope it's not long before I can install 4.4.2. I want to see if that home button bug get fixed. If I hit home out of an app on the far right screen, I want to stay on the far right screen, not go to the default home screen.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope it's not long before I can install 4.4.2. I want to see if that home button bug get fixed. If I hit home out of an app on the far right screen, I want to stay on the far right screen, not go to the default home screen.
I hope I can add that functionality back in. When I hit home I want to go home, if I want to go back I hit back.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I hope I can add that functionality back in. When I hit home I want to go home, if I want to go back I hit back.

There is no other Android device that works that way. You may be able to get a third party launcher that does this, but one problem with this behavior is that if you try a third party launcher that uses specific functionality for the home button - toggle the application drawer, let's say, with no other way to get that function to work - on the Droids with KitKat right now, it does the toggle and then it toggles back off, making that functionality useless. It's clearly a bug and it needs to be fixed. Again, if you want it that way, find a third party launcher than works that way. I prefer a phone that is supposed to be close to stock Android to work like Android is supposed to.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait to see what happens to those with unlocked bootloaders who try flashing 4.4.2

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

antk90

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Notice the build date and the version number.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 41483.jpg
    41483.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 311

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Same thing that happens with the DevEd phones....we upgrade without issues.

That's not what I heard. I thought there is a chance that potential future updates may prevent any reverting to previous builds, even if the BL was unlocked. I read they could patch something.

I hope you're right.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.