Launch Phrase for touchless control

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
why is my phone's touchless control launch at just the "ok" command. I don't need to say google or anything else after that. i've retrained it over and over and it won't accept anything unless you mention "ok google" somewhere but it doesn't seem to need the whole phrase to launch. because now, apart from piano tones or other high pitched instruments being able to consistently activate it (and it is loud even when on silent), now even just "ok" will launch it. what happened to it? can't have it enabled anymore because there's just so many things that trigger it.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
why is my phone's touchless control launch at just the "ok" command. I don't need to say google or anything else after that. i've retrained it over and over and it won't accept anything unless you mention "ok google" somewhere but it doesn't seem to need the whole phrase to launch. because now, apart from piano tones or other high pitched instruments being able to consistently activate it (and it is loud even when on silent), now even just "ok" will launch it. what happened to it? can't have it enabled anymore because there's just so many things that trigger it.

Not sure where you trained it and retrained it, but I had this problem after I trained it in a room where there was white noise/faint noise in the background. It would just randomly go off out of the blue. Make sure you're in a completely silent location when you train it and make sure to say, "OK Google", as clearly as possible; both ok and Google with the same level of volume. And when I say silent, I mean dead silent. Even a fan, wind or any outside noise is enough to disrupt it, because then, when your phone is out of your pocket, the "always listening" feature registers those same noises, and although that shouldn't be enough to trigger it without saying the actual phrase, I've found that it can.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay