Texting not working

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
My son has a Droid Maxx. A few days ago, he said that he got an update, and since then his text messaging is screwed up. He said that he can't receive a message, and if he tries to send one that his phone will lock up and reboot. Any ideas?

psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I had something similar after the update. Everything else was working fine except the messaging. Tried wiping cache and all that. Didn't help. I downloaded a different app for messaging and that has been working fine. I decided to try Textra, but there are a few well rated apps out there if you want to try that route

kjmaddocks69

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem a week and a half ago. Spent two hours on the phone last week with Verizon and they finally just sent a replacement phone, activated that phone and the messaging was STILL not working correctly. Spent another hour on the phone with Verizon and now they say it won't be fixed until the next update comes out, however they don't know when that will be...so could I use a different texting app...ugh.

kjmaddocks69

May 21, 2014
Visit site
That's what Verizon told me too, however I paid for this phone and it's features, I would like to be able to use the ones that I'd like without having to go through any add on apps...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
That's what Verizon told me too, however I paid for this phone and it's features, I would like to be able to use the ones that I'd like without having to go through any add on apps...

Maybe try using Hangouts for SMS? Settings / more (under "wireless & networks") / Default SMS app. Change it to Hangouts, which is not an add-on app - it ships with the phone. See if that works better for you. I've been using Hangouts since KitKat shipped, in part because it doesn't do that silly slideshow when you receive photos in an MMS message.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci