Notifications after May update.

Hideela

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
After I downloaded the update in May, my phone has chosen it's own notifications for text messages and other notifications (like facebook). I have Handcent as my text messaging program but the phones text messaging program also notifies me even though I have chosen not to have it as the default. so now I get double, sometimes triple with a vibration notifications and can not figure out how to stop it from saying "Shut the front door!" I tried trouble shooting from verizon.com but nothing there about it. I have silenced what I know how to including my Handcent program because of the multiple notifications. But I like Handcent because you can give each person their own tone -- none of which are or were "Shut the front door". :-( Can anyone suggest how I can figure out how to get this notification to stop and let me get back to my other notifications? I have the Droid Razr Maxx HD. System version 183.46.10.XT926.Verizon.en.US. Android version 4.4.2

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
After I downloaded the update in May, my phone has chosen it's own notifications for text messages and other notifications (like facebook). I have Handcent as my text messaging program but the phones text messaging program also notifies me even though I have chosen not to have it as the default. so now I get double, sometimes triple with a vibration notifications and can not figure out how to stop it from saying "Shut the front door!" I tried trouble shooting from verizon.com but nothing there about it. I have silenced what I know how to including my Handcent program because of the multiple notifications. But I like Handcent because you can give each person their own tone -- none of which are or were "Shut the front door". :-( Can anyone suggest how I can figure out how to get this notification to stop and let me get back to my other notifications? I have the Droid Razr Maxx HD. System version 183.46.10.XT926.Verizon.en.US. Android version 4.4.2

This forum is for the Droid Maxx, not the Razr Maxx HD, but I'd suggest trying the following:

- change the default SMS temporarily to the default Messaging app. On the droid Maxx, it's settings / more / Default SMS app. I'm guessing that it's the same on the Razr Maxx HD with 4.4.2.

- start the Messaging app and go into settings and turn off the notification settings in the app.

- change the default SMS app back to what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC