Nightstand Dock?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Searched but didn't find...looking for a nightstand dock that initiates that clock mode...the only ones I'm seeing for the Maxx are Moto's that seem to do that. Can't tell the difference between them other than HDMI function... I'd like one that lays sideways so you can see the clock numerals.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Ah, So those are freakin' Razr docks, then. I do wish they'd come up with a different name when they named the Maxx!

P-raggles

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I use I home android dock. I activated a night setting on phone that brings up clock when docked... I also use Timely. Not sure if night clock mode was native to phone or part of Timely.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I use the same stand that I used for my RAZR MAXX HD, it just holds the phone in either a vertical or horizontal position, and I set Daydream to display the clock while it is charging.

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I really like the TYLT VU inductive charger. It holds the phone at a 45 degree angle, and you can rest the phone on the charging platform in either landscape or portrait mode.

It has the advantage of working with any qi enabled device, so you don't need to buy a new dock when you get a new phone.

Just use tasker, timely or some other app to control when the clock displays.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
The issue with the Tylt (which I think applies to any Qi charger on the Maxx), is that, unlike with USB chargers, the phone exits "charger connected" state when charging is complete, and thus your Daydream app goes away. With USB chargers, the phone stays in "charger connected" state even after the battery is full and no charging current is going into the battery, and thus you stay in Daydream mode.

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Take a look at Clock plus much nicer than clock and and a lot more ways to customize it to your preferences.......

I use it with a griffin stand and don't mind the difference from horizontal with this app for daydream.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I go on the cheap.... I use this business card holder along with app Tasker. I have an action set in Tasker that when I plug in my phone between 9pm and 7am and put into horizontal mode it will dim display, put into silence mode and launch an clock app. Its worked great for years, and has worked with my various phones as its not phone dependent.

Here's link to card holder I'm using.... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IAKZ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3771184

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca