Phone thinks I'm "docked" in a car

ChuloMan5

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
All day my Droid Maxx has been thinking that I have it docked in a car mount (the kind you would suction cup to your windshield).

It keeps trying to get me to set up the voice activation (which I have already done) and every phone call defaults to speaker.

I have turned my phone off and on a few times and that hasn't helped. Also, I have force closed all apps. Does anyone have any ideas. If not I'll have to do a factory reset.

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you have it in a case? Does the case have a magnet on the back, on the left hand side, right across from where the volume buttons are? If yes to both, does the dock mode turn off when you take it out of the case?

The phone has a magnetic sensor where I described. When the polarity is one way, it goes to car dock mode, and goes to desktop mode when the polarity is the other way.

If it's not that, then I'd say the factory data reset is a good idea.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I believe mine does this as well. I believe this isn't dock mode but car mode and is part of the Assist app. Maybe try disabling the driving part of the Assist app and see if it stops. I had a problem early on where after I'd get a call, text, or notification, it'd start playing media. This was due to the "Resume music play" box being checked in the app.

Personally I like not having to have the phone docked to get these features, especially considering the only official dock sucks (Griffin). But to each his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool