KitKat Stock Email App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

When I setup the apk for this, there is no Exchange option. Help?

Posted via Android Central App

The email app on the Droid Maxx? If you tap the email app, and it asks you for the email address and password, there is a manual setup button just below. There you'll find an option for Exchange.

I don't use the app myself, but that option is there.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It must use a framework for exchange that's on the nexus and done differently on the droids. That's probably why it's not officially supported on anything but nexus devices.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Try out Nine... https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.ninefolders.hd3&token=uojY8p9T

I've been a disgruntled Exchange user ever since I switched away from Nexus devices -- every phone manufacturer in the world has managed to release their own special version of an Exchange client that has been functionally inept in its own special way. It wasn't perfect, but the stock email app on the Nexus was pretty amazing.

Best I can describe Nine - if you could use an interface like the Gmail client but in an Exchange/ActiveSync environment. Expensive, but worth the bucks. It's functionally complete like Touchdown is, but with a far more functional and attractive interface. Touchdown being quite possibly the ugliest email client in the world.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
It looks like its only 9.99. Is that a good deal? I DL and so far its really nice.
Yeah... they have a special price going on. It's worth every penny in my opinion and not really worth wasting time with other options... I've tried a lot of them.

damnyankees

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Try out Nine... https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.ninefolders.hd3&token=Kk2zTcya

I've been a disgruntled Exchange user ever since I switched away from Nexus devices -- every phone manufacturer in the world has managed to release their own special version of an Exchange client that has been functionally inept in its own special way. It wasn't perfect, but the stock email app on the Nexus was pretty amazing.

Best I can describe Nine - if you could use an interface like the Gmail client but in an Exchange/ActiveSync environment. Expensive, but worth the bucks. It's functionally complete like Touchdown is, but with a far more functional and attractive interface. Touchdown being quite possibly the ugliest email client in the world.

Totally agree. Switched to Nine like a month or two ago when I was having a problem with the stock email app...haven't looked back since. Nine is fantastic.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Does Nine allow you to keep the security policy on the app itself like Touchdown (vs. the entire phone like the stock email clients)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1