Changing Motorola Device ID

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I know this is not specific to the Droid Maxx but I do have a question. If I change the Motorola device ID will I need to reload all the apps on my phone? Also, if I had paid apps on my phone will they work with a different device ID? Thank you for taking your time to answer this question. I am sure this has been covered before but my search did not result with an answer.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I know this is not specific to the Droid Maxx but I do have a question. If I change the Motorola device ID will I need to reload all the apps on my phone? Also, if I had paid apps on my phone will they work with a different device ID? Thank you for taking your time to answer this question. I am sure this has been covered before but my search did not result with an answer.

Play Store apps are tied to the Google Account used for the Play Store.

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Play Store apps are tied to the Google Account used for the Play Store.

Sorry for being slow but does that mean if I change the Motorola ID it would wipe the the apps I have on the phone and I would have to download all the apps again? Or just the paid apps would become inoperable?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for being slow but does that mean if I change the Motorola ID it would wipe the the apps I have on the phone and I would have to download all the apps again? Or just the paid apps would become inoperable?

No, it has no affect on the apps on your phone. I had a Motorola id for a bit but then took it off. No issue. Your apps and data will be fine.

I think the Moto id is used only to allow you to use motos locate and lock feature if you lose your phone. Motos Web site has a place where you can log in and check the location of the phone, have it sound an alarm, or remotely wipe it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty