Many apps turning off by themselves after a few seconds

swot53

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the Motorola Droid Maxx. This just started happening today. If I look at some apps, I can see the screen for a few seconds, and then it goes back to the home screen (the one that shows all my icons). This includes some of the "basic" apps, such as contacts or phone calls. I press the app for Contacts, and I see my contacts for a few seconds. Then, it just turns off, like I was trying to return to the home screen. Same thing is happening for my calls. I press the "telephone" icon, and I can see the calls I made/received...but after a second or two, I am back to the home screen.

I also use Waze. It starts, but before I can enter any information, it disappears from the screen and goes back to the home screen. Similarly, Chrome stays open.

By the way, it is not happening with all apps. For example, my e-mail opens fine, and stays open. So does messaging.

Any thoughts? I have turned the phone off and on, and that has not helped. Closed all apps as well. Not sure what else to do.

swot53

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, did not help. Phone call/contacts/waze still closing within a few seconds of being opened.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you switched the runtime to art from dalvik, try switching back. If it wasn't that, backup any stuff like photos and try a factory reset.