Turning sound off

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Newbie here... just got my Droid Maxx two days ago.

I am looking for a way to turn off the sound,like when in a movie theater or an office meeting etc.
I know you can use the volume buttons but my Droid Razr had a switch (so to speak ) just swiped to left to turn off and back to the right to turn back on....

I can't seem to find anything like that on my Maxx......

lebem

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Press and hold power for a few seconds (the screen must already be on, but this will work while the phone is locked.) There will be a pop-up with buttons at the bottom for Silent, Vibrate, and On.

Or you could get a Pebble smartwatch like me and use a watch app to toggle the ringer. 😝

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
There is also the assist app meeting settings. If you have the movie in your calendar it can be set to quiet the phone while you're in the meeting (even if the meeting is a movie - it's just any timed event marked as busy on a calendar, or multiple calendars, of your choice.

lebem

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Glad to help. I'm well accustomed to not seeing something right in front of me because it's not where I was looking for it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I use Power Toggles to put a line of switches in the Notification window. I have switches for Sync, Wi-F-, Brightness, GPS, Bluetooth, Volume, and a battery icon. It's free and always has worked for me all the way back to Gingerbread.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called Shush. I like it a lot. You set the time you want it shushed and at the end of that time it will turn the volume back on.

Posted via Android Central App and my XT1080M

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon