just got the 4.4.4 soak test

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
That's what I thought too. In fact, I think Google Wallet tap-to-pay started working after the 4.4 update.I really hope they're not dumb enough to try to force Isis on us (by killing Wallet).

Crazy Yankee

Jul 20, 2010
www.crazyyankeesportfishing.com
Yes. The upper left tile usually has my Google + image and when you press it, it pulls up my contact "card" in the people app. Since 4.4.4, The image is the default image and when I press it is says "The contact doesn't exist".

View attachment 126868

View attachment 126869

Sorry to get off topic. I'm still waiting for my update, but what weather widget is that?

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I CANNOT VOUCH FOR THIS (YET), SO BE WARNED AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Read this below thread and see if it helps. I did a search for posts containing "MAXX" since yesterday, July 9th, and this is what I got.

[4.4.4]Kit Kat 4.4.4 OTA Patch - XDA Forum

It sounds like it's the actual 4.4.4 patch and not some custom one. If I had time I'd sniff into it more for my wife's phone but I don't, hence my all-caps warning.

This is the official update. I just flashed it through recovery without issue.

Thanks so much for the link Moo Cow!

Screenshot_2014-07-11-08-34-13.png

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes. The upper left tile usually has my Google + image and when you press it, it pulls up my contact "card" in the people app. Since 4.4.4, The image is the default image and when I press it is says "The contact doesn't exist".

View attachment 126868

View attachment 126869

Is that clock/temperature design part of 4.4.4 upgrade?

Thanks for letting us know about the soak test. Can wait to get the upgrade.

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That's what I thought too. In fact, I think Google Wallet tap-to-pay started working after the 4.4 update.I really hope they're not dumb enough to try to force Isis on us (by killing Wallet).
ISIS has airways worked on the Maxx, I've used it many times. I'm not sure why they're saying it's being added.

You're correct about Wallet being added... Google rewrote the frameworks so that a secure element wasn't needed, and I believe also to prevent carriers from blocking wallet. Wallet now works on all five of my working phones and tablets.

There are enough people claiming to be on the update who should be able to verify Wallet still works by now.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
ISIS has airways worked on the Maxx, I've used it many times. I'm not sure why they're saying it's being added.

You're correct about Wallet being added... Google rewrote the frameworks so that a secure element wasn't needed, and I believe also to prevent carriers from blocking wallet. Wallet now works on all five of my working phones and tablets.

There are enough people claiming to be on the update who should be able to verify Wallet still works by now.

So far, it looks like it's still working. (That is, it shows up as an option in Tap-To-Pay settings. I'll test it the next time I'm at a CVS or somewhere else that accepts it.)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
will Verizon auto update the 4.4.4? mie still has 4.4.2 or do I need to plug it into a computer to update?

This is a Soak Test, not a full update roll-out yet. The Soak Test is pushed out to folks who volunteer for it after an invite from Motorola to people who are members of Motorola's Feedback Network. Given past history, I would expect the full update to be available over the air within a week or two, if the Soak does not reveal any major problems.

Posted from my XT1080M

Last edited:

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Ya'll need to stop talking about this soak test. I keep going to software update with heightened anticipation. Hold my breath for 1 to 2 seconds before the phone says " I'm up to date". Frustrating to say the least.
I'm just jealous. Enjoying the commentary.

Posted via Android Central App

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
When I am on a Bluetooth call and press power to turn on the screen and then unlock the phone by sliding the lock somewhere I always go to the call screen. Has it always been like this and I was just oblivious? Or is this a change?

Kaptain75329

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
This is the official update. I just flashed it through recovery without issue.

Thanks so much for the link Moo Cow!

View attachment 127054

Understanding this sounds like a n00b question, how did you apply the update? Did you rename the downloaded file to update.zip and put it in the root of internal storage for the MAXX so you could flash via stock Recovery?

I'm fully stock and would like to apply the update, but I've not tried this sort of thing since the HTC ReZound days.

mdvf121

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

Isis is just pre-installed now. No change if you already have it installed. I had both installed, you just have to choose which one you want to use. I use Isis because their always giving me free money. :)

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Understanding this sounds like a n00b question, how did you apply the update? Did you rename the downloaded file to update.zip and put it in the root of internal storage for the MAXX so you could flash via stock Recovery?

I'm fully stock and would like to apply the update, but I've not tried this sort of thing since the HTC ReZound days.

You don't have to rename the file. You can if that makes it easier for you to find, but it's not needed.

Just download it, move it to the root (again, not needed, but much easier), boot to recovery, and apply the update from sdcard.

I don't have the exact steps handy, but I found them by looking for the thread about the last OTA. Someone had posted them there. I'll see if I can find them and paste them in here.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Found them:

1) download file to PC
2) connect your phone via USB.
3) move the zip file into the "sdcard0" folder.
4) rename this zip file "update.zip" (this step is optional)
5) reboot phone in recovery mode (power off phone, hold VOLDN + PWR keys for a few seconds, release, select recovery)
6) wait for the green robot to show up with red triangle "!"
7) hold VOLUP and press PWR
8) select update from SDcard, then navigate to the zip file and select it
9) once install is complete, select continue boot (or whatever it's labeled as. I just did it this morning and I don't remember ☺)

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Kaptain75329

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Found them:

1) download file to PC
2) connect your phone via USB.
3) move the zip file into the "sdcard0" folder.
4) rename this zip file "update.zip" (this step is optional)
5) reboot phone in recovery mode (power off phone, hold VOLDN + PWR keys for a few seconds, release, select recovery)
6) wait for the green robot to show up with red triangle "!"
7) hold VOLUP and press PWR
8) select update from SDcard, then navigate to the zip file and select it
9) once install is complete, select continue boot (or whatever it's labeled as. I just did it this morning and I don't remember ☺)

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Thank you so kindly for taking the time out to look this up. As it happens, I did some homework on XDA and found guidance that helped me getting the OTA installed. I came back here to effort my post with the news.

I'm pleased to report it went without a hitch - and likewise relieved to see the home, share, and notification bugs fixed. I imagine that's to be expected.. in reading online, it would appear that going from 4.4 to 4.4.4 entails more than 9000 bug fixes and over 1200 tweaks and optimizations. (Maybe it's the placebo effect, but in switching to ART after applying the OTA, there's notable improvement in performance all the way around.)

The writeup is handy though - I copied and sent it to a friend with a MAXX looking to get up to date as well. Really appreciate you taking the time out; thank you again.

=/\= Kaptain75329

Last edited:

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I am also confused about why they are announcing a great new feature that has been there forever. There is a new version of the ISIS app in the play store, but I don't know what, if anything, this has to do with the 4.4.4 soak. ISIS has announced that they are changing their name, to avoid confusion with the Middle East organization of the same name, but again, I don't know what that has to do with this question.

ThreeChordMonte

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Switched to ART and cleared cache from recovery and everything is great. Battery after the switch is better than ever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app