Auto Update and notification

Doug Moloney

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind that it Auto Updates my apps, what is annoying is the fact it keeps telling me about them in my Notification bar. Is there a way to disable the notification that it updated applications, but keep the Auto Update turned on?
The same goes with Verizon Support and Protection, after AutoUpdate updates an app, VSP keeps telling me it did not find a threat. I could care less if it didn't find a threat. Is there a way to set it to tell me only when it finds a threat?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps>All​, select Google Play Store, and uncheck the "Show notifications" box. You can also try the same for Verizon Support and Protection.

Doug Moloney

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking that setting would stop the auto update for each of the application, not the notification by Play that it updated the each application.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking that setting would stop the auto update for each of the application, not the notification by Play that it updated the each application.

Nope, that setting (which works for any application you install) will prevent the app from showing a notification in the status bar or notification shade. I have auto notifications on and I definitely want to see those, so I know when apps are updated and can go into the play store to see what has changed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463