DROID MAXX: 4.4.4 KitKat (21.11.21.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US)

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else getting this when checking for the update? I've tried WiFi on and off and have also restarted.
y8y7egaz.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else getting this when checking for the update? I've tried WiFi on and off and have also restarted.

Yes, I've seen a few people report that on a few other forums, mostly yesterday. It just means that the server knows that there's an update available but it isn't available to you yet. Try again tomorrow, and, if it happens again, try again on Thursday. Eventually it will be available to your phone. (The updates usually roll out randomly to a small number for each of the first few days and then are made available to everyone.)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've seen a few people report that on a few other forums, mostly yesterday. It just means that the server knows that there's an update available but it isn't available to you yet. Try again tomorrow, and, if it happens again, try again on Thursday. Eventually it will be available to your phone. (The updates usually roll out randomly to a small number for each of the first few days and then are made available to everyone.)

This is annoying because my fiancé's phone got the update this morning and I am getting this stupid message when I got my phone a month before he did and I had the kitkat soak test.

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone else getting this when checking for the update? I've tried WiFi on and off and have also restarted. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/16/y8y7egaz.jpg

This sucks!!!

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yupe...I got the same thing the night before mine downloaded. Just be patient.

RexMaximus

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I first posted this on the Mini's 4.4.4 thread, but I'll share here since this is where the party's at. Anyone who likes Tasker can probably relate:

Sounds weird, but my favorite thing about the update is that it fixed some longstanding issues with Tasker.

The notification shade didn't play nice with simple Tasker operations that disabled the lockscreen when on a home Wi-Fi or cell network. You tapped a notification and the lockscreen came back, then you had to disable and reenable the task for it to work again. Basically, you had to manually start apps to get to your notifications, rendering the shade slightly useless.

Now, you can hit notifications and keep your task running like it's supposed to. I've seen the issue go back at least as far as ICS, so I'm glad 4.4.4 finally fixed it.

Posted via Android Central App

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I was in the soak test so I think there has been enough time for me to evaluate the battery performance. I has improved quite a bit for me, definitely noticeable. The possibility of placebo is always there I suppose.

I should also mention that I switched from dalvik to ART because the previous google play services issues seem to be resolved. That could certainly be a big reason for battery improvement, but I still find that attributable to the update because it seems to have resolved the previous issue. Bottom line: I'm pleased.

steveg2112

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I too am happy with update. I have also switched to art and cleared the app cache. Everything seems faster and battery has improved a lot.
Now looking forward to L :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
What are the benefits of switching to ART? I have never tried it.

ART is the new java runtime that will replace the Dalvik runtime in Android L. It was included in KitKat to allow dvelopers to test their apps before the future switch. There are several technical reasons why ART should be more efficient than Dalvik, but it should also be acknowledged that it's an alpha/beta level preview of what is coming in the next version of Android. There is a good summary of ART on wikipedia: Android Runtime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So far, on 4.4.4, I'm having no problems at all on ART.

rjom

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
After the update, I can no longer stretch the screen to magnify the font and keep it all in the viewing area. It now stretches off the screen. Is there a setting that got disrupted that I can restore. I depend on the larger font spreading within the view area. Anyone else had this program. Recommendations for a fix welcome.

Thanks, Rick

bpk3

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed since the update connecting to Verizon's network is horrible, I have 3 or 4 bars, 4G LTE and I cannot do anything on the internet. Geographic Areas that have not had issues in the past are now painful. Thinking it may be an area I was in yesterday I actually was heading out and ended up about 45 miles away from the first site and still no better. Trying a reboot doesn't seem to help and any app that I try and use it just hangs. It eventually downloads but when you try and refresh you could wait awhile. You can see activity with arrows up and down but that's about it. Wi-Fi works fine when I am in an area that has it.

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with wireless charging (ghost) - was already hard to get it centered just right, now it does nothing???

I use the Tylt and it still works great. I also have the ghost and have always had issues lining it up. But it still works after the update. I line it up about 1/2 " above center line of the phone with the two lines on the charger. Just about the top of the volume down button.

Last edited:

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I use the Tylt and it still works great. I also have the ghost and have always had issues lining it up. But it still works after the update. I line it up about 1/2 " above center line of the phone with the two lines on the charger. Just about the top of the volume down button.
The Tylt is still working fine for me on 4.4.4. It sure is convenient, but it bothers me that the temperature gets up to about 105°F, so I often use an old lower capacity USB charger which only gets up to 88°F or so.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I use the Ghost and it works the same, but no bong now.

As to the battery...oh, my what have they done? I'm 1/3 of what it was.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the Ghost and it works exactly the same post update.

My Ghost has two indicator marks that you simply line up with the marks on the left and right of the Maxx screen. Perfect centering every time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech