New to MAXX - is Tasks app and widget gone?

Jeffrey_L

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Droid MAXX, coming from a Razr MAXX.

I cannot find a stock app for listing Tasks (to-do's). There is also no Tasks widget like my Razr had. I used to sync my Tasks with to-do's on my computer via an Exchange link. That is not an option now. The Exchange corporate account offers me options to sync email, contacts, and events but not Tasks.

Did they drop Tasks for some reason? Very odd.

- Jeff

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the app/widget you're referring to, but they did put much less Motorola and Verizon apps on this version, so that the experience is closer to vanilla Android, which helps with updates, and not taking up space with apps that some users don't need. I would imagine there is an app that will do what you need. Is this Microsoft Exchange / Outlook that you're wanting to sync tasks with?

Andy88488

May 20, 2014
Visit site
In order to get Exchange Tasks onto my Android phones, I have been using Touchdown. It is a superior email/calendar/contacts client for Microsoft Exchange, and it also does Tasks.

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
In order to get Exchange Tasks onto my Android phones, I have been using Touchdown. It is a superior email/calendar/contacts client for Microsoft Exchange, and it also does Tasks.

True for Exchange 2007 and later. For earlier versions of Exchange, not so much. Our company is still on Exchange 2003 so I switched to EverNote and completely abandoned Exchange notes.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463