Phone restarting

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone has restarted on its own twice in less than 24 hours. I can't think of any new apps I've downloaded, but there up app updates daily. I may have to go through each update to try to determine what is the problem.

That being said, a factory reset might be quicker.

Is anyone else having this problem.

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
For the 1st time my phone restarted while sitting on my dresser. When it came back on the only app that add a notification of being updated was "retro clock". I had just gotten back from church so I had not looked at the phone for over an hour and a half.

Posted via Android Central App

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
For the 1st time my phone restarted while sitting on my dresser. When it came back on the only app that add a notification of being updated was "retro clock". I had just gotten back from church so I had not looked at the phone for over an hour and a half.

Posted via Android Central App

I have recently downloaded retro clock and yes, there was a recent update. Maybe this is the culprit!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The only times that my phone has restarted spontaneously I was running the stock launcher. Since running Nova Prie, it has never happened with that as the default launcher. After the 4.4.4 update I made the stock launcher the default again, since the double home bug was fixed - and the phone restarted itself again. It hasn't happened again since I went back to Nova (it also hasn't happened on Aviate while I've been testing that.)

It's quite possible that the launcher has nothing to do with it, but I'm staying away from stock from now on. (The other problem with the stock launcher is that it will spontaneously stop trusted bluetooth from working. At some point, with the phone on, the phone will go back to the lock screen, waiting for a PIN, even though I still have a notification that my phone is unlocked. This continues until I toggle trusted BT off and back on again. This doesn't happen with Nova.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith