Too Many Decisions

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The anticipation of a new Motorola high end phone is killing me. I was almost ready to make the jump to a Windows phone (Icon) just for the camera. My Droid Maxx sucks when using flash and that's the majority of my photos. I was almost ready to pull the string when the price of the Icon dropped to $0 with a 2yr contract, but then the HTC One/Windows came out and completely muddied the waters. Although it doesn't have a removable battery, it does have a microSD card slot. I would only use that to hold music. Neither my current Droid Maxx, nor the Icon have that card slot.

It's not that I'm totally dissatisfied with my Droid Maxx, but I was surprised how much better my pictures look on a friend's Galaxy S5. I guess more pixels do count for something. I'm much more familiar with Android having gone through the Samsung Charge, the Razr MAXX, and now the Droid MAXX, but I don't need 50 thousand apps. I'm sure there are Windows alternatives to the few I use, and Windows plus Cortana sounds interesting.

A recent road trip, however, gave me a new appreciation of my MAXX. The Touchless Control feature was just awesome on my trip. I take for granted the ability to receive and make calls, send and receive texts hands-free, but it blew my wife away. I guess she's never seen me do that with my phone. I just don't think I can give that up. So now I'm stuck waiting for Motorola's pending announcements. I can only hope the next MAXX, or whatever they call it, increases the utility of the touchless controls even more, and keeps that awesome battery.

"Stuck in limbo," edison

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The anticipation of a new Motorola high end phone is killing me. I was almost ready to make the jump to a Windows phone (Icon) just for the camera. My Droid Maxx sucks when using flash and that's the majority of my photos. I was almost ready to pull the string when the price of the Icon dropped to $0 with a 2yr contract, but then the HTC One/Windows came out and completely muddied the waters. Although it doesn't have a removable battery, it does have a microSD card slot. I would only use that to hold music. Neither my current Droid Maxx, nor the Icon have that card slot.

It's not that I'm totally dissatisfied with my Droid Maxx, but I was surprised how much better my pictures look on a friend's Galaxy S5. I guess more pixels do count for something. I'm much more familiar with Android having gone through the Samsung Charge, the Razr MAXX, and now the Droid MAXX, but I don't need 50 thousand apps. I'm sure there are Windows alternatives to the few I use, and Windows plus Cortana sounds interesting.

A recent road trip, however, gave me a new appreciation of my MAXX. The Touchless Control feature was just awesome on my trip. I take for granted the ability to receive and make calls, send and receive texts hands-free, but it blew my wife away. I guess she's never seen me do that with my phone. I just don't think I can give that up. So now I'm stuck waiting for Motorola's pending announcements. I can only hope the next MAXX, or whatever they call it, increases the utility of the touchless controls even more, and keeps that awesome battery.

"Stuck in limbo," edison

The photo quality is a combination of the quality of the optics, and the software. Once you get into high enough pixels, more pixels don't help unless you're blowing a photo up really big. You can have a high pixel camera that takes really crappy photos (but there's a lot of detail to the crappiness!) I saw one rumor about one of the upcoming Motos that claimed it could have some level of optical zoom. That would be a first on phones as far as I'm aware, and would help with retaining quality when zooming. It doesn't necessarily mean that the camera optics will be top quality, but it does make me think they're really putting thought into the camera. Of course, it's also a rumor, and could be bunk. Personally, I would hold off. There are a LOT of tech announcements piling up for the first week and a half of September.

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
You might want to try a different camera app. I use an app called "A Better Camera" and I think it takes better quality pictures.

Posted via Android Central App