Is there anyway to opt out of this service? I just noticed that I am no longer able to use Google Voice as my voice mail provider, and now when someone calls, it states that my voice mail has not been set up. I have already changed my preference on the Verizon Wireless page (to not use their Visual Voicemail), and my maxx is still set at using GV as it's VM provider. I have searched endlessly online to no avail. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!
    09-18-2014 02:55 PM
    I set up GV as my voicemail on my line before I had a Maxx, and it stayed as the VM provider after I updated. However, Google does have some instructions for setting up GV as your voicemail provider that you can follow. I seem to recall that I had to press a link to have the phone dial a number that set everything up - something like that.

You want the option on My Verizon to use basic voicemail. There are now three options - a free basic voicemail; a free basic visual voicemail; and a premium visual voicemail for $2.99/month.

Anyway, here are the Google setup instructions: https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165656?hl=en Make sure you do the 8th step.
    ::Montgomery:: likes this.
    09-18-2014 04:20 PM
    What's the difference between the basic visual VM and the paid visual VM?
    09-18-2014 05:26 PM
    What's the difference between the basic visual VM and the paid visual VM?
    This chart tells the difference: Voice Mail Comparisons | Verizon Wireless
    09-18-2014 06:57 PM
    Tried that before calling Verizon support. After an hour of the tech trying to resolve the problem, I gave up on using Google Voice. The Visual VM setup in 3 mins and is working fine. I guess I will just stick with VVM since GV gave me such a headache.

Thanks for the response though!
    09-19-2014 09:30 AM